Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
08/23/17 at 2:13pm
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/Hammerhal (Read 338 times)
Alan_G
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

So then an orc jumps out
of the chest.

Dundee, United Kingdom, europe, 177, 174, Scotland
Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/Hammerhal
06/08/17 at 11:14am

Has anyone else picked these up? Got both and played through Silver Tower and it was pretty good. The tiles look horrible but the game could be brutal and was a decent, if short campaign.

Not started Hammerhal yet - waiting on fowk being free on the same day, but the more RPG elements of it look a bit more interesting with possibly more longevity than Silver Tower.

Just a shame it's all set in Sigmar and not Old World etc
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Quest-Silver-Tower
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Warhammer-Quest-Shadows-Over-Hammerhal-ENG

IP Logged

Nicodemus
WEDNESDAY APPAREL!

Do you HQ?

Saskatoon, Canada, canada, 179, 351, SK, Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Canada
Re: Warhammer Quest Silver Tower/Hammerhal
Reply #1 - 06/08/17 at 1:08pm

Alan_G wrote on 06/08/17 at 11:14am:
Just a shame it's all set in Sigmar and not Old World etc

I quite agree wrt the setting!  We've been incorporating the boards and models into the classic WHQ.

If you don't like the ST tiles then you're not likely to enjoy the SOH tiles any better... I've got both sets and the SOH tiles look like they were designed in a rush to print and unlike many of the other WHQ tiles that have more subtle distinctions between the squares for the models, these ones look like they're from a totally different game altogether, as the lines are very obtrusive and areas that block LOS or movement even have red borders drawn into the tile. Barf.

We use them anyway for now so it's not like I'm refusing to play with them or anything Wink

I would have liked SOH to come with more of a variety of models. If you have ST then extra copies of some of the Tzeentch figures in SOH just seems like a wasted opportunity and a money-saving venture.

Overall I still much prefer classic WHQ, but I do enjoy some of the mechanics like have the dice to put toward certain abilities, etc.

~N

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
-Ash, Army of Darkness
IP Logged

Alan_G
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

So then an orc jumps out
of the chest.

Reply #2 - 06/14/17 at 10:06am

Yeah, we haven't started Hammerhall yet - I was not impressed by the destiny tile, sorry piece of paper, or the colour of the trackers for it - yay for being colour blind.

Sadly I never got to play the old WHQ.

I also recently used the figures from this to play Skirmish which was quite fun. I was amused to see someone has made an unofficial points list which has Fimir in it.

IP Logged

Alan_G
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

So then an orc jumps out
of the chest.

Reply #3 - 08/13/17 at 12:01pm

We finally managed to explore a few levels of Hammerhal and it was pretty cool. Had to restart after a room had 9 enemies in it and every time about 5 were killed about 5 more would respawn. Certainly getting into it more than I did Silver Tower.

Also realised I may not have posted my short write up of Silver Tower and Skirmish http://www.joystuckinthepast.com/warhammer-quest-and-age-of-sigmar-skirmish/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print