Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
08/17/18 at 9:35am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MiniQuest - 7mm HeroQuest (Read 3286 times)
Nicodemus
WEDNESDAY APPAREL!

Do you HQ?

Saskatoon, Canada, canada, 179, 351, SK, Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Canada
Re: MiniQuest - 7mm HeroQuest
Reply #20 - 07/02/17 at 9:39pm

Fuck I hate Photobucket.  Cock gobblers.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
-Ash, Army of Darkness
IP Logged

Nicodemus
WEDNESDAY APPAREL!

Do you HQ?

Reply #21 - 07/05/17 at 12:15am

Super macro really shows off the imperfections. Even with my smallest brush some of the details were tough... Cupboard trim clearly needs some touching up.

A couple of the original pieces shown for scale.

Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with... molecular structures.
-Ash, Army of Darkness
IP Logged

Raven The Scythe
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reply #22 - 09/25/17 at 10:17pm

nice work dude.  very nice work

IP Logged

benvoliothefirst
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Sacramento, California, USA
Reply #23 - 07/29/18 at 9:58am

Truly inspirational. I don't even you the work on the sculpting. I get frustrated painting normal-sized minis.

The book is a work of art. How many hours do you think you've spent on this project so far? I wanted to do something similiar with all the printed-out supplemental materials.

My Vampire Counts Plog: http://www.wickedmetal.blogspot.com
IP Logged

Nicodemus
WEDNESDAY APPAREL!

Do you HQ?

Reply #24 - 07/29/18 at 7:57pm

Quote:
How many hours do you think you've spent on this project so far?

Gosh... hobby time has been very fractured for the past few years so it's all spread out over an hour or two here and there, some days only 20 minutes, then nothing for weeks.  

If I had to guess-

Book (with metal inlay for magnetized bases) and painting, plastic, etc: 10h
Gaming board (with dice tower, etc. and time to Photoshop art): 6h
Furniture (cutting plasticard, Greenstuff work, etc): 18h
Locating all of the HQ printouts in the original artwork style (others might be faster): 5h
Making the stand-up figures* (printing, cutting, making the bases, etc): 3h
Printing miniaturized cards (not done yet but printing templates have been created):  ~2h

*Note that I'm only about half way so far. If I blitzed it I could do it in an evening... maybe another 5h. That means I'd then have all stand-ups for every expansion, plus all extras copies of regular models needed for KK and RotWL, as well as 4 copies of each Man-at-arms model, triplicate Heroes, stone-coloured Chaos Warriors and Gargoyle, Wardoz the Wizard, Sir Ragnar, etc etc.

So, 42h so far and maybe another 7-8h to finish everything.  The furniture was was just about did me in. Very tedious, and my GS skills aren't that great... so it was about 3-4h/night for about a week, leading me to guess about 18h total.

None of this counts the time it took to find a half-decent wooden book, the book binding tape for the game board, correctly coloured glass beads for the book cover, proper-sized miniature magnets that aren't too thin/tall/wide, miniature card sleeves, and then waiting for all of it to come via post  Shocked

Glad you liked it... it's a great piece to have around and always interests folks when they're over for gaming Wink

~N

-Ash, Army of Darkness
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print