Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/18/19 at 10:15am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Geas: Quasi-Modular Dungeon compatible with HQ (Read 1788 times)
sorcerersapprentice
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Something Wicked This
Way Comes

Geas: Quasi-Modular Dungeon compatible with HQ
07/17/16 at 5:38pm

Hi Everyone - Just finished off some of the art for a new monster-size project:a quasi-modular dungeon set called GEAS. Compatible with 1" fantasy boardgames including Heroquest. Made of 4 boards the total surface will measure 54x36". Predominantly this set will have empty rooms - floor decor sure, but 3d furniture and minis will be added by Andy Atom Taylor who is going to be working with me on this project we intend to kickstart at some point later in the year. What you see here is basically the 2d baseboard, the foundation or basic dungeon that I intend to expand with dozens and dozens of packs of large themed overlay rooms/themed mats and pre-cut tiles that allow Geas to be transformed into all manner of things, sewers, catacombs, temples; elemental planes, whatever you want - the mind boggles at the possibilities... Geas allows the user to move the passages and rooms around to suit - and will offer a huge range of exciting vistas for table-top games in the near future including HQ.

You can take a bit more of a peek and keep up to date on this game and even let me know what kind of tiles to make for Geas, if you visit the group set up to design Geas in: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1625758761048662/

Kind Regards,
Kris

gametilewarehouse.com
IP Logged

sorcerersapprentice
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Something Wicked This
Way Comes

Re: Geas: Quasi-Modular Dungeon compatible with HQ
Reply #1 - 01/14/18 at 8:48am

Just an update: over the last 2 years I've been slowly attempting to gain experience with each aspect required to create a table top RPG from scratch including coins, maps, rooms, terrains, vectors, boards - manufacturing, production, design - and have now written a 212 page corebook detailing a new system and dozens of new mechanics. It is still very much in development - but I hope to release a demo pack mid way through the year. I am currently editing the corebook draft and creating a basic prototype of the game so I can test the theories in simulated playtests to refine it before releasing a beta.

The spirit of the game has remained very much like Heroquest - but I think, broadens the essentials on many fronts, but you guys can be the judge when the demo comes out. Once I have the game in hand, I can begin crafting the first of dozens of quests. Cheers Smiley

SA

gametilewarehouse.com
IP Logged

sorcerersapprentice
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Something Wicked This
Way Comes

Re: Geas: Quasi-Modular Dungeon compatible with HQ
Reply #2 - 01/14/18 at 8:49am

Just an update: over the last 2 years I've been slowly attempting to gain experience with each aspect required to create a table top RPG from scratch including coins, maps, rooms, terrains, vectors, boards - manufacturing, production, design - and have now written a 212 page corebook detailing a new system and dozens of new mechanics. It is still very much in development - but I hope to release a demo pack mid way through the year. I am currently editing the corebook draft and creating a basic prototype of the game so I can test the theories in simulated playtests to refine it before releasing a beta.

The spirit of the game has remained very much like Heroquest - but I think, broadens the essentials on many fronts, but you guys can be the judge when the demo comes out. Once I have the game in hand, I can begin crafting the first of dozens of quests. Cheers Smiley

SA

gametilewarehouse.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print