Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
First demo session (Read 3080 times)
mdewit
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

First demo session
08/23/14 at 1:18am

Tonight (within 10 hours) i'll be mastering the village story from the rulebook. It'll be my first try at dungeon crawl.

So anybody got some last minute advice?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Re: First demo session
Reply #1 - 08/28/14 at 4:35pm

Hey sorry, this section of the forum doesn't have a lot of traffic.  Grin Since the game hasn't been advertized or anything yet, there's not a huge following. There are a few active members on the Board Game Geek page for it, though.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42415/dungeon-crawl

I do have a question though, do you plan to play the entire campaign with the extra Roleplay rules, or are you going to create your own campaign? Just curious, since most people don't start with that Adventure.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

mdewit
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #2 - 08/30/14 at 6:40am

Well, I started with the village story and now I'm thinking about an orc raid hitting the village. The first part will be relocating most of the villagers to the dungeon in the mines, maybe funding out what's after the trap door. A part will be that the adventurers have to protect a caravan of goods traveling to the dungeon from an advanced scouting party. I have a set of minis from SAGA of gripping beast and will be using this so they can see if they do well or not.
The second part will be an assault on the village with waves of orc and every now and then a special model, like an ogre or something. I had this idea from the end battles form 'dragon age 1'.
No matter what happens, the village will be destroyed, forcing the player to start traveling. A some point they will find a certain flyer and
start the adventure book.

No problem, I didn't realize there was not a lot of traffic. I'll have more patience now.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #3 - 09/01/14 at 2:51pm

No worries, I wasn't asking you to cool your jets or anything. Tongue

The open-air Adventures can be extremely fun. One of our most memorable games was in Adventure 7 "Defending the Brewery". As long as you throw in some secondary objectives that aren't just FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT and keep the pressure on the Heroes, it can be a real amazing time.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print