Send Topic Print
Space Marine (Read 4203 times)
Ragnar IronFist
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Ragnar is a sexy dwarf-god!

Dallas, TX, USA
Space Marine
11/19/13 at 7:12pm

Somebody was selling a 'Space Marine' board game, yes...that's the name...on craigslist. I couldn't resist buying it. Apparently, it's considerably more obscure than Hulk or Crusade. It seems to be a more large-scale tank/army-command tactical game. A bit of a precursor to the straight up Warhammer 40k dice/mini game that all the kids play now.

I'm just wondering if anybody else here has played it? Opinions or reviews? It doesn't even have too much of an interwebs presence. Possibly for a good reason? Am I the only guy with this game?  Huh

IP Logged

G-bob
FLYING JUMP KICK!

Re: Space Marine
Reply #1 - 11/20/13 at 5:00am

I have played it, and still have tons of miniatures for it. They did a more recent version called Epic 40K.

Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.
IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Manchester, Great Britain, europe, 171, 209, United Kingdom
Re: Space Marine
Reply #2 - 12/09/13 at 8:52am

There where two "Space Marine" boxed sets.

The first was a stand-alone supplement for the 1st edition Epic system, to go along side Adeptus Titanicus (the two being combined via the Codex Titanicus supplement). This edition is renowned for being over-developed and clunky, but fun.

The second was the original basic set for the 2nd edition Epic system (later replaced with Titan Legions). This edition was even more overdeveloped, but clean and fun.

G-bob mentioned Epic 40,000 which was the 3rd edition of Epic, very clean, but somewhat too simplified.

More recently, Epic Armageddon is the 4th edition, has the gritty detail of the earlier editions with the simple and smooth play of the earlier editions.

Epic is of course famous for being 5mm scale.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print