Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/22/19 at 1:59am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Q&A - Allied HeroQuest (Read 6216 times)
Toco
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Q&A - Allied HeroQuest
07/15/13 at 4:20am

Allied HeroQuest Rulebook v1.7f

PDF page 7
Is Exhausting an option for the Hero players or is it a mandatory part of their turn?
Toco: You're right, this the rulebook is not clear about this. Exhausting is an OPTION. It is a method to allow a Hero to act twice in one turn. With as negative counterbalance: lose next turn ("Resting").

PDF page 7
Under Hero Actions, "disarming a trap" is not listed. For example, if a treasure chest is trapped and the Hero searches for a trap before opening it, how does he disarm it?
Toco: My Allied HeroQuest variant is based on the European original. And the rules for trapped treasure chests did not exist Smiley These traps were always activated. But if you have a look a page 14 just under the Heroes table: "Explorer". Chest traps are disabled when an Explorer opens the chest. An Explorer is a Hero with the Tool Kit equipment.

PDF page 9
The rule for: Using Character Threat Tokens in Passages
"During a GM's turn:
Summon a passage character during the GM's turn, at a character-room, but not adjacent to any Hero or Henchmen."  
If you summon a Passage Character this way, does it reveal the room and all its contents?
Toco: No, the room must already be on the table due to discovering by Heroes or Henchmen.

PDF page 11
Opening Stone Doors - if Heroes fail their first roll, can they try again in the same turn or would this trigger Exhaustion?
Toco: It should say "end the turn" instead of "end the move". So they'll need to Exhaust if they wish to storm inside and whack some monsters.

PDF page 11
Do all monsters use specific weapons or are the attacks basic and therefore have the basic Deathzone pattern?
Toco: Monsters have basic, standard, build-in attacks. Unless they are equiped with a different weapon as stated in the Quest Notes. (e.g. Orcs with spears can attack diagonally.)

PDF page 12
Which monsters qualify as "spell casters"?
Toco: Each Monster that starts the game with spells in his possession, are able to acquire spells during play. This will be stated in the Quest Book Notes.

PDF page 13
What are the Henchmen stat lines/equipment/abilities?
Toco: Exactly the same as on the European character cards from the "Wizards of Morcar" expansion. When using miniatures from Advanced HeroQuest, look at their weapons in hand: Halberd (Halberdeer), Spear (Halberdeer) or Sword & Shield (Scout).

Miscellaneous Questions

Are there item restrictions for Heroes? The Wizard, for example, is usually unable to wear most equipment but has special access to other types.
If so, is the Battle Mage considered a "Wizard" and therefore has the same restrictions?
Toco: Ah yes, very good point. I'll put the explanation in the Errata section. Yes, common sense would make the Battle Mage equal to the Wizard. But their are more spellcasting Heroes. So I'll have to think out a very solid errata rule for this ...

Plate Armour - does it restrict movement?
Toco: Yes!

What equipment do the heroes start with?
Toco: None. They start with NO CARDS. In the European version they have a virtual basic attack and defense stat.

What are the stats for Denizens of the Dark listed in VII - XVIII?
Toco: They'll be listed in (currently unpublished) Quest Books. I have a lot of work on the maps. And currently I have other priorities: www.toco.be/blog .

Allied HeroQuest QuestBook Version 1

PDF page 8
Quest II - The Lost Wizard
On the left side of the map, near the stairs are three map icons of "E". Does this mean that the GM can summon a Gargoyle here with Character Threat Token?
Toco: Wow, I seem to have forgotten to add the Quest Notes for locations "E" in this one. Oops. You should add "E: You can play Trap Threat Tokens here to spring Pit Traps. (Please remember the 'Earthgap' rule above.)"

Miniatures BLOG: www.tocoking.be/blog

Warhammer, Epic 40K, Necromunda, HeroQuest ...
IP Logged

Nolotari
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Rolling Dice > Pressing
Buttons

Los Angeles, California, USA
Re: Q&A - Allied HeroQuest
Reply #1 - 08/16/13 at 1:54am

Thanks again for the clarification on the rules! Next week I finally get to try out Allied HeroQuest! Cheesy

IP Logged

Toco
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Re: Q&A - Allied HeroQuest
Reply #2 - 06/18/15 at 5:57am

Had a chance to play yet?

Miniatures BLOG: www.tocoking.be/blog

Warhammer, Epic 40K, Necromunda, HeroQuest ...
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print