Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/18/19 at 9:27am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Depth's Army (heroquest inspired) iOS & Android (Read 24243 times)
Sjeng
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Chaotic Good Orcish Bard

in a dungeon, Netherlands
Re: Depth's Army (heroquest inspired) iOS & Android
Reply #20 - 09/11/13 at 12:57pm

Nice, a good improvement!

... ...
IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #21 - 01/05/14 at 7:12am

Well well, happy new year to all Smiley

Long time since my last post, and yes, the game is still under development, that's what happens when you work on a project on your spare time...  Undecided

Anyways, I would love to make a small beta testing with the android version, anyone interested in taking a look?

At this point the game is lacking special effects for the spells and other stuff, but the "testing" quest can be played and completed (and I'm sure it has some bugs..).

Things that I'm interested for the feedback:
- an overall opinion
- what do you think about menus and organisation
- not really interested in bugs (at the moment) but more in the game itself

Anyone interested please pm and I will send you a link to the apk  Smiley

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #22 - 01/06/14 at 3:31pm

Hey man. Looks interesting.

When it comes to how to sell your game, I would recommend making it free, but with ads that you can pay to remove. Personally I like to try a game for free, but I absolutely hate advertising, so if I don't like the game I delete it, and if I like it I pay to remove ads.

That way you'll get some money from ads, players get to try the game for free, and you might get some extra from those who like the game and want to support it. Smiley

Just a suggestion.

On the other hand you have different fingers.

IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #23 - 01/07/14 at 10:25am

Not exactly what I have in mind. The plan is to release the game without any ads at all as a demo with a few quests, if you like it you can pay to unlock the full game and get access to the rest of content + custom quests.
Otherwise just as you said, you can delete it straight away Smiley

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #24 - 01/07/14 at 4:07pm

EskemaGames wrote on 01/07/14 at 10:25am:
Not exactly what I have in mind. The plan is to release the game without any ads at all as a demo with a few quests, if you like it you can pay to unlock the full game and get access to the rest of content + custom quests.
Otherwise just as you said, you can delete it straight away Smiley

Well it was just a suggestion. Your plan sounds good too. Smiley

IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #25 - 07/15/14 at 2:15am

A looooot of time since my last post, it sucks to work on your spare time in such complex project.... anyways, time to show a video with real game footage of the actual beta version.

The video was taken from the ipad version Smiley

http://youtu.be/zCS-lUvwNGA

Comments?, thoughts?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #26 - 07/15/14 at 3:05am

Looks like it's coming along nicely. Good job.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

G-bob
FLYING JUMP KICK!

Reply #27 - 07/15/14 at 9:36am

Looks fantastic

Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things.
IP Logged

LordChaosX
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Council Bluffs, IA, Iowa, USA
Reply #28 - 07/15/14 at 4:14pm

Looks great, definitely would get it for my iPad when it comes out.

IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #29 - 07/17/14 at 1:22am

Thanks a lot guys, I will try to make a larger video to showcase menus, inventory and other stuff that it's almost ready Smiley

IP Logged

Scott
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a cock sucker!

Here, North Carolina, USA
Reply #30 - 07/18/14 at 7:16am

Looks pretty nice.

IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #31 - 09/27/14 at 12:41am

Hey hey, time to show a new video with the final UI and some changes I did based on a lot of feedback, specially the new "boardish" style.
No walls and dice movement.

Here's the new video showing the new look Smiley

http://youtu.be/RDsHbb2rtKM

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #32 - 09/28/14 at 4:51am

Looks nice. I'd suggest you give the die a little more weight though. It's annoying when it's floating around in slo-mo like that.

Looks like something I'd pay for, if there were female character options in the game (and not the sexualized chain-mail bikini variant, mind you). Smiley

IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #33 - 09/28/14 at 8:43am

The die was "fixed", the video was created to show the new aspect of the game (menus and UI) and gameplay to hear an overall opinion.

I would love to include females, but as I depend on assets bought (I don't have an artist helping me), that's almost impossible for now (not for an initial 1.0 release), unless I change all the actual models for a cartoonish style, (like this, https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11001 ) because there are female 3d models Smiley

Right now the thing that worries me more is the lack of general interest, so far all the heroquest communities answered with a "not bad", and "not my type", but I don't see interest in paying 1.99$ for the game, and I don't know why.
-Is it because fans don't care about digital games and the board is all that matters?
-Is it because the game is NOT an exact replica of the board game AND rules?
-Is it because the game sucks?

Actually I'm considering to cancel the game rather than to finish it, because of the lack of interest I'm seeing.
Also seems that paying for a game it's not on the table for most people, which is discouraging and will force me to add a lot of ads to screw up people, which pisses me off as a gamer who don't want to be disturbed while I play with those stupid ads that pops up in most mobile games.

Hard decisions for a game developer......

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #34 - 09/29/14 at 12:29am

EskemaGames wrote on 09/28/14 at 8:43am:
The die was "fixed", the video was created to show the new aspect of the game (menus and UI) and gameplay to hear an overall opinion.

I would love to include females, but as I depend on assets bought (I don't have an artist helping me), that's almost impossible for now (not for an initial 1.0 release), unless I change all the actual models for a cartoonish style, (like this, https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11001 ) because there are female 3d models Smiley

Right now the thing that worries me more is the lack of general interest, so far all the heroquest communities answered with a "not bad", and "not my type", but I don't see interest in paying 1.99$ for the game, and I don't know why.
-Is it because fans don't care about digital games and the board is all that matters?
-Is it because the game is NOT an exact replica of the board game AND rules?
-Is it because the game sucks?

Actually I'm considering to cancel the game rather than to finish it, because of the lack of interest I'm seeing.
Also seems that paying for a game it's not on the table for most people, which is discouraging and will force me to add a lot of ads to screw up people, which pisses me off as a gamer who don't want to be disturbed while I play with those stupid ads that pops up in most mobile games.

Hard decisions for a game developer......

Maybe you should consider marketing it to a younger audience? Change to the more cartoony models to attract both girls and boys. Marketing such a niche game to old HeroQuest afficionados sounds like a bad plan imo. We're few in numbers, and a dying breed. Kids however, still love simple board games and fantasy and a mix of the two appeals to them to this day. HeroQuest is after all a game for kids originally. We're just nostalgia'ing here. And a child is more likely to nag their parents to buy them an app for their smartphone than a board game. And since it costs about a fraction of the price, the parents are likely to oblige.

IP Logged

EskemaGames
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Alicante, Spain
Reply #35 - 09/29/14 at 4:34pm

I agree, I'm targetting heroquest fans when I have to look somewhere else. Because that's the reaction I'm getting, fans don't care too much about the game, so it's time to move into another direction and make the game more appealing for other audiences Smiley

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #36 - 10/02/14 at 4:32am

EskemaGames wrote on 09/29/14 at 4:34pm:
I agree, I'm targetting heroquest fans when I have to look somewhere else. Because that's the reaction I'm getting, fans don't care too much about the game, so it's time to move into another direction and make the game more appealing for other audiences Smiley

And in doing so you might bring a couple of us in as well, seeing as how most of us are adults and have kids in some fashion or another. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print