Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/18/19 at 9:33am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Chibi Crawl Early Beta (Read 6031 times)
Lotus
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

You're all dumb

Chibi Crawl Early Beta
10/11/12 at 1:14am

Updated Link:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_dGQQhS2y0vcmhxblNvYXkxVUU

http://thefacelessking.blogspot.com/2012/10/chibi-crawl-early-test-copy.html

Early Beta for my dungeon crawl games.  The cards are currently laid out for Chbi figures, but they could easily be adapted for a more serious theme.  
« Last Edit: 12/01/12 at 11:25pm by Lotus »  

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Re: Chibi Crawl Early Beta
Reply #1 - 10/11/12 at 1:59pm

I was hoping Super Dungeon Explore would come out with a dungeon-crawl expansion.  You seemed to have pre-empted them.  I'm not ready to buy the Chibi figures at this point, but your game gives me a legitimate reason to consider purchasing them.  Nice ground work.

IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #2 - 10/11/12 at 2:24pm

Thanks Daedalus, in the future I may also be making cards from things like Reaper minis.  I really wanted to see a game that let people play with what they had about.  Eventually the rules and cards templates as well as my guidelines for figure creation and such will all be there.   I have a very open source idealogy and that with an open communication line you'll see a game that has more growth potential.  

Something else to take note of Heroquest fans is that most of the figures have Heroquest correlations.  Eventually I'll have stats for a certain Cycloptic demon and Mummy.  

Also I will be statting out the Super Dungeon Explore line of figures as well.

IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #3 - 10/19/12 at 3:38am

BTW guys, I've put up a few more updates, all the Heroquest monsters are currently represented (with some minor substitution)  I've also cleaned up the stat cards to make them more readable.  

http://thefacelessking.blogspot.com/2012/10/chibi-crawl-101912.html

IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #4 - 12/01/12 at 11:27pm

I've been doing a lot of revision work on this, if anyone would like to give it a test run check the first post for the most up to date version.  The cards are pretty basic there, but that is so if I have to make revisions it is easier to print.  This version does not include as much as I want to get a baseline tested before adding more stuff.  Let me know your thoughts.

IP Logged

iKarith
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

I was promised tacos!

The Internet!, Oregon, USA
Reply #5 - 03/31/13 at 3:54am

I didn't see a gargoyle in there.  Smiley

IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #6 - 04/01/13 at 8:31am

Whine, whine, check here:
https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B_dGQQhS2y0vVkhYSVJQUld2WGs
These are the latest revision cards, which do contain a gargoyle, though during the kickstarter the Hero set was using the Demon Prince for the Gargoyle.  

And this thread gets updated most often, I forget about the other places I posted this often.
http://artistsunited.myfreeforum.org/about3581.html

IP Logged

iKarith
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

I was promised tacos!

Reply #7 - 04/01/13 at 12:00pm

That's pretty cool.  Cheesy  Is this going to be printed when it's all ready, or will that be up to us to accomplish?

IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #8 - 04/01/13 at 8:16pm

Once the cards are finalized they will be available to purchase from Impact! Miniatures site.  The rules will be a free PDF that will also be made available.  The intent is to have the cards released as soon as I can finalize everything.  The rules will follow shortly after, I will have a pre-release version of the rules so people can play them, find any major problems, fix those, then release a final copy.

IP Logged

iKarith
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

I was promised tacos!

Reply #9 - 04/02/13 at 1:33am

Printing cards to anything resembling professional quality is non-trivial.  I see no reason not to pay someone else for doing it well.

Indeed, I've been looking at The Game Crafter for some card printing for precisely that reason.  Unfortunately even though they can make bridge-sized cards, they wouldn't produce cards with someone else's IP artwork on them.  So I've been slowly working on something they WILL produce.  But there's a lot of juggling going on so far.

IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #10 - 04/10/13 at 4:18pm

http://artistsunited.myfreeforum.org/about3699.html

Alright, I've got a final version of the Beta cards here, these all need reviewed for various minor errors (stats not matching, spelling errors, etc)

IP Logged

Sjeng
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Chaotic Good Orcish Bard

in a dungeon, Netherlands
Reply #11 - 05/22/13 at 4:01am

I glanced over the cards: great work! They look really nice Smiley
Haven't read the rules yet, but I will. If I feel it's not too complicated (think heroquest) I might even play it with the chibi minis from the KS.
I don't have multiples of models, just 1 of almost each mini, but I'll see how that works out.

edit: about the rules: page 1 has a "1" on top. Page 2 doesn't, but there's a "2" in front of CHIBI CRAWL at the bottom.

... ...
IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #12 - 05/22/13 at 4:18am

The rules got wonky when I uploaded, my file is actually different.  I haven't been tinkering much lately as I am waiting for Tom to be feeling a bit better so that we can print the beta card sets and get a few testers.  I would say it plays faster than Heroquest and is perhaps a bit simpler as it's designed for one off questing.  The Asian set will be more advanced and designed to be along the lines of Heroquest or Warhammer Quest.

IP Logged

Sjeng
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Chaotic Good Orcish Bard

in a dungeon, Netherlands
Reply #13 - 05/24/13 at 3:33am

Okay, I didn't know you were developing this together with Tom Cheesy I thought this was just something you came up with personally to go along with Tom's minis, simply because you liked them so much Wink
That kinda means your rules are more or less "officially endorsed" by the creator of the minis, doesn't it? Is Impact going to host the final game on their site too? And will it be downloadable in PDF for free, or will you only be able to buy printed sets?

... ...
IP Logged

Lotus

You're all dumb

Reply #14 - 05/24/13 at 5:36am

You will be able to buy printed sets of cards from Impact (I get a cut of the profit), the rules will be a PDF download they host.  I will have PDF's of all the cards and card templates available for free so people can print more of something if they need it, make their own deck, and make custom cards for other chibi miniatures.  I also retain all rights to the game and such, therefore can make stuff beyond their figures if I chose, but I won't be doing SDE conversions officially (though I already did, I can't put them online, I don't want Impact to get in trouble)

Originally it was something I was doing for fun, then Tom emailed me and now we are making it official.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print