Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/15/19 at 7:44pm
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A few little questions (Read 1659 times)
smokingwreckage
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

A few little questions
08/21/12 at 11:28pm

So, like... how many rules can be ignored? I'm finding the rulebook, um... enormous. For starters, can I skip guilds altogether for a campaign?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Re: A few little questions
Reply #1 - 08/22/12 at 9:42am

Yeah, do what you like, house-rule it up!  If you're running your games, it's completely up to you how to run it.  As long as all the players know what's in and what's out, you should play the way you want.

Like most rulebooks say, the rules are basically guidelines.  If you find something too tedious or just not fun (how dare you! Grin), then pull a house-rule on it and call it a day.  For instance, one of the much-debated things in the game that I've seen is a Rogue's Backstab ability, where you actually have to position the character behind his target.  Personally, I like the challenge that brings, but it can also become tedious to some.  So, just say a Rogue can Backstab someone in the face if he wants!

Guilds are by no means integral to the character or the campaign, so if you wish not to use them, or introduce them to your group when everyone's a bit more comfortable with the rules, then by all means.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

smokingwreckage
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #2 - 08/24/12 at 2:32am

Okay! I didn't want to rush in and nix something the heroes might need to keep up with the escalation of the campaign. And I don't want to mess much with houserules, either, since I already have a homebrew underway. No, I plan to play DC like it was Out Of The Box for proper old-school nostalgia Tongue

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #3 - 08/24/12 at 10:13am

Yeah the guilds aren't a requirement for being able to keep up, and as the dungeon lord, if you feel things are getting too hard for the players, you can always fudge things a little bit to their favor.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print