Expansion Material (Read 8019 times)
Hengishammer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

"Good men die but death
cannot kill their names"

TX, Texas, USA
Expansion Material
03/29/12 at 9:07am

I was wondering if we could get a sneak peek of material planned for expansions? Any chance we could be influential in it?:0

I of course wanted gnome PCs, and one of the things that make DC so great is the choices of race class. I believe giving players more options draws players into games.

How about an Ogre PC?Smiley
Paladins?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Re: Expansion Material
Reply #1 - 03/29/12 at 10:16am

I'm always very open to player suggestions, so yes you can have direct influence in things (provided I'm not going a totally different direction).

I currently have several documents with ideas for new races and classes.  Some of these include Orcs along with new classes like Shaman.  Then I have ideas jotted down for a ranger class, witch hunter, werewolf class (Yeah it's a class, so any race can be one), half elf race, bard class, and probably a bunch more that I can't remember right now.

The Gnome expansion (which may be the first, but no promises!) will come with the Illusionist class (of course!).  The illusionist abilities and spells are all about trickery, like summoning illusions to fight for you, or split into mirror images and junk.  Their Skills are going to revolve around their connection to gardens (yes, these are your garden-variety gnomes!) but yes, they will be useful.  I plan them to be very comical and fun to play.

I'm not sure if I've delved into making Ogre PCs, but I'm open to it.  Maybe half-ogres, since we probably wouldn't want them to be so dumb (or do we?  haha) or maybe a new strain of Ogre different from the ones in the Bestiary.

But yeah, if you've got ideas, I'll take anything into consideration!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Hengishammer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

"Good men die but death
cannot kill their names"

TX, Texas, USA
Reply #2 - 03/29/12 at 12:48pm

Well, in keeping with the overall light-heartedness of DC, I would say use full blooded ogres! It makes for some really awesome RPing, but also due to the fact that half ogre miniatures are harder to come by than normal ogres:)

I like the idea of Werewolves and a witch hunter class too.

What about diversifying magic? Like enable a sorceror to choose from a specialized area of magic such as necromancy or conjuration?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #3 - 03/29/12 at 1:45pm

That would probably work out to be different classes.  Necromancers, Druids, etc.  That would actually make for a cool expansion, several different Sorcery classes.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

monster blaster
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Why me?

Reply #4 - 08/07/12 at 10:19am

I would LOVE to see more classes and races.  Solo adventures (like the demo, but longer) would be awesome, too!

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #5 - 08/07/12 at 11:21am

Actually, one of the planned expansions is going to be meant for solo play, and it'll include a new Race and Class.  It's going to be a Ranger/Hunter style Class, with Half Elves as the Race.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

monster blaster
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Why me?

Reply #6 - 08/07/12 at 7:16pm

That's great news.  I thought I saw something about that on Board Game Geek, but then I couldn't find it again so I figured I dreamed it.  Glad I didn't.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #7 - 08/08/12 at 10:24am

Yeah, there's a pretty large call for solo play, so I figured I should play toward that.  I'm also planning on that set coming with more dungeon boards to be used in solo play, with smaller areas and some thin corridors, to make use of bottlenecking and such.  Probably also make use of environmental hazards, to keep players on their toes, since there's no Dungeon Lord to be accounted for.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

iKarith
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

I was promised tacos!

The Internet!, Oregon, USA
Reply #8 - 03/31/13 at 12:15am

Biff wrote on 08/08/12 at 10:24am:
Yeah, there's a pretty large call for solo play, so I figured most of you have no friends and will never get laid.  I'm also planning on that set coming with more dungeon boards to be used in solo play, with smaller areas and some thin corridors, to make use of bottlenecking and such.  Probably also make use of environmental hazards, to keep players on their toes, since there's no Dungeon Lord to be accounted for.

Fixed for reality.

IP Logged

mdewit
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #9 - 08/22/14 at 8:28am

Not really a fan of half elves. I would prefer half orcs or something.
The wherewolf class sounds awesome to!

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #10 - 08/28/14 at 4:40pm

Come to think of it, I also am not a fan of evles! If I ever get around to finishing the expansion pack, I will definitely include a Half Orc. Maybe do a whole halfbreed thing with it!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Regensburg, Bayern, Germany
Reply #11 - 08/29/14 at 2:12am

Biff wrote on 08/28/14 at 4:40pm:
Come to think of it, I also am not a fan of evles! If I ever get around to finishing the expansion pack, I will definitely include a Half Orc. Maybe do a whole halfbreed thing with it!

Like modularizing races so that you can combine stats out of two?
Like, there's stats for an Ogre and there's stats for a Halfling and the two combined for each score make up your Halfogreling?
Sorry for picking the crassest combo, but I just imagined consensual interspecial Ogre/Halfling sex.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #12 - 09/01/14 at 2:54pm

Haha, well, only for the races that have become widely accepted as halfbreeds in fantasy settings. So half-elves, half-orcs, maybe some half-dwarves (they had those in Dark Sun!), stuff like that. I dunno if I wanna make rules for interbreeding every single race in the book, or I'll end up with Gnarpies (you know, half gnome, half harpy) saving the world from evil demons and stuff.

Dammit now I wanna make Gnarpies.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Regensburg, Bayern, Germany
Reply #13 - 09/01/14 at 11:05pm

No sweat. That's gonna be tiny old men with firm round breasts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print