Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/20/19 at 8:25pm
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 
Send Topic Print
heroquest extension "Champion de l'Empire" (Read 122378 times)
Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Re: heroquest extension "Champion de l'Empire"
Reply #340 - 07/15/13 at 8:37pm

Okay, my vacation started a week late, but here is the long-delayed Quest 12.  I had started it before, so I'm keeping some of the formatting.

knightkrawler wrote on 02/25/12 at 12:33am:
page 33/34:
Quest Eleven: The Fall of House Galinicus

'My friends, today your allegiance with House Trell has been firmly established. Augustus Trell further affirmed that Hector Galinicus, the young heir, was pulling the strings of the conspiracy. Indeed, occult magics curiously consumed his humanity before he could be brought to justice, yet by his fault many came to harm. Thus, it is time to dispose of the rebellious machinations of House Galinicus once and for all. Nevertheless, the Emperor has sent his heroes to save the deceased count's family from further harm. But, the Emperor is far away, so, does he know how the conspiracy happened exactly? Augustus Trell appraises you alone to have the elements at your disposal of deciding who is worthy of the throne of Stolland. Kill them all, none of them shall survive!"

Notes: The Heroes play this quest if the Crown of the Rooster King was given to House Trell after the events of "Civil War".  The castle is in pitious condition, all the traps therein cannot be deactivated. After completion of the quest, the Evil Wizard Player continues by reading "The Triumph of Morcar" to the heroes.

A. The cabinet contains a potion of healing which restores up to four body points, a potion of will, and a broadsword.

B. The guards are armed with crossbows. They have a ranged attack of three combat dice.

C. The Emperor has sent Champions of Light to dispose of the Champions of Dark at Castle Trell. Each of them starts on any one square marked 'C'. They are:
* Valten the Protector: Mov. 1/ Att. 4/ Def. 7/ Body 8/ Mind 3.
Valten can use a potion of velocity and a potion of strength.
* Balthazar Gelt: Mov. 2/ Att. 2/ Def. 4/ Body 4/ Mind 6.
Gelt is a champion Seer who owns the Artifact Ahlin's Orb and a heroic brew. Before the quest, he may choose two sets of spells BEFORE the Heroes do.
* Korhil the Sage: Mov. 2/ Att. 3/ Def. 5/ Body 5/ Mind 5.
Korhil uses a halberd and a heroic brew. Before the quest, he may choose one set of spells BEFORE the Heroes do. Furthermore, he may then exchange those spells for two potions from the treasure card deck before the quest.

Wandering Monster: a guard

page 33/34:
Quest 12

Quest Twelve: The Fall of House Galinicus

"My friends, today your allegiance with House Trell is firmly established.  Augustus Trell has further affirmed that Hector Galinicus, the young heir, was pulling the strings of the conspiracy.  Indeed, occult magics curiously consumed his humanity before he could be brought to justice, yet through his fault many came to harm.  Thus, it is time to dispose of the rebellious machinations of House Galinicus once and for all. Nevertheless, the Emperor has sent his Heroes to save the family of the deceased Count from further harm.  Yet, how does the Emperor, who is so far away, know the true details of the conspiracy? Augustus Trell judges you alone have the capacity to decide who is worthy of the throne of Stolland. Kill them all, for none must survive!"

Notes:
The Heroes play this Quest if the Crown of the Rooster King was given to House Trell after the events of "Civil War".  The Emperor's Champions choose spells BEFORE the Heroes do.  Balthazar chooses 2 sets, and Korhil chooses 1 set which he may exchange for 2 potions from the Treasure Card deck before the Quest begins.  As the castle is in pitious condition, all the traps within cannot be removed. After finishing the Quest, the Evil Wizard Player continues by reading "The Triumph of Morcar" to the Heroes.

A. The first Hero to search for treasure will find a Potion of Healing which restores up to 4 Body Points, a
    Potion of Will, and a broadsword in the cupboard.

B. The Guards are armed with crossbows. They have a ranged attack of 3 combat dice.

C. The Emperor has sent Champions of Light to dispose of the Champions of Dark at Castle Trell.
    They each start on one of the squares marked 'C'.  Their names and stats are as follows:

* Valten the Protector: Mov. 1/ Att. 4/ Def. 7/ Body 8/ Mind 3
       Valten can use a Potion of Velocity and a Potion of Strength.

* Balthazar Gelt: Mov. 2/ Att. 2/ Def. 4/ Body 4/ Mind 6
       Gelt is a Champion Seer who owns the artifact Ahlin's Orb and Heroic Brew.

* Korhil the Sage: Mov. 2/ Att. 3/ Def. 5/ Body 5/ Mind 5
       Korhil uses a halberd and has Heroic Brew.

Wandering Monster in this Quest: Guard

Notes:
I changed elements at your disposal to capacity as capacity in people refers to both a general ability to comprehend an issue or perform a task.  I feel this dual nature fits here as a double entendre and euphamism.  If you feel this switch isn't needed or I'm pushing too far from ghan's intent, instead use this:
 Augustus Trell judges you alone have the elements at your disposal to decide who is worthy of the throne of Stolland.

The change of Mentor's tone is alarming (or maybe fun?) at the end of the Parchment Text: "Kill them all, for none must survive!"  It sounds more like Augustus Trell's voice, yet Mentor is the speaker.  The ambiguity feels disconcerting to me.  Are the players expected to differentiate the speakers?  Perhaps a more neutral approach would better to maintain Mentor's voice:  "For the greater good of the kingdom, none of House Galinicus may be suffered to live."  Capacity over elements at your disposal works well with this milder approach, I think.  Or does this only weaken the finale?  (This again points to a Mentor/Morcar duality for me, like the Screams in the Night Quest.)  I haven't yet read the Morcar's Triumph epilogue, so maybe I'll come to understand what is best in the fullness of the story arc.

I moved the part about choosing spells to the beginning of the Quest notes so the Evil Wizard player doesn't jump right into the Quest and neglect this important step before things begin.  I do wonder that too few spells are left to the Heroes, particularly if they aren't using the new spell groups.  If Korhil exchanges his spells for potions, will that spell group become available to the Heroes?  I think the Evil Wizard player would never want to make the exchange if he could deny a spell group.

The stats blocks are more readable with line spaces between them, but that puts the Quest notes two lines over the 21 line maximum used in the published Quests.  I added them for comparison, but these extra line spaces can be simply dropped.  Otherwise, the font size or Parchment Text could be reduced.

Balthazar has Ahlin's Orb.  Does that mean there are more than one of this artifact?  The Heroes should have already gotten it in Quest 8-The Conspiricy Unravels (note C).  I'd suggest just a single, unique Orb.  Balthazar could be made a Seer or simply be given recasting powers in his description:  "Before discarding a spell, Balthazar rolls a combat die.  If he rolls a skull, he may keep and reuse the card."  Otherwise, nix the Orb from Quest 8.

I dropped "a" from Heroic Brew because it is a noncount noun, but you could call it "a potion of Heroic Brew" if you desire.

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Regensburg, Bayern, Germany
Reply #341 - 07/16/13 at 9:26am

Changes made, they all made perfect sense to me.

Daedalus wrote on 07/15/13 at 8:37pm:
The change of Mentor's tone is alarming (or maybe fun?) at the end of the Parchment Text: "Kill them all, for none must survive!"It sounds more like Augustus Trell's voice, yet Mentor is the speaker.The ambiguity feels disconcerting to me.Are the players expected to differentiate the speakers?

This quest is the point of no return for heroes having made bad choices. They have become champions of dark and are on the wrong side. I think Mentor sounding like a maniac is hilarious. Here's why:
The heroes are not supposed to be at this point judging from the ideas implemented in the original HeroQuest (heroes=good, evil wizard player=evil). They have made bad (egotistical, greedy) decisions and might not be able to know right from wrong. So the interpretation of Mentor's speech (which has always been telepathic for me) might be a tad warped though the message is still there in essence.

I think ghan intended this whole quest pack for a bunch of experienced players trying out something different to be played after the original quests. Like the aforementioned out-of-character decisions.
I imagine some truly epic moments. And from this point of view, Mentor's Kill'emAll battle cry is outright funny.

By the way, right now I'm trying to make these quests in American format with HeroScribe... but I need the icons for the tiles and minis.

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #342 - 07/16/13 at 11:11am

Oh...I get it.  The warped message idea begins to make sense as the Heroes increasingly fall under Morcar's influence.  Maybe Morcar is actively messing with them due to their involvement with the Crown.

BTW, what about Ahlin's Orb?  I think this one is for ghan.

Since it feels out of place to not read if Quest 12 is played until after it's Parchment Text, I included some edits in Quest 10 to better point out which final Quest will be played.   I also moved this critical end-of-Quest info to the end of the notes (note E), which I feel is more intuitive.  If ghan doesn't want to redo the map lettering, it's easy enough to switch notes D and E back again.  (Quest 12 might also work out with the formatting I provided.)

I also knocked out some text to conserve lines, but it still comes out as 24, and that is two lines too heavy. One piece of good news I did notice is ghan's original formatting includes more letters per line, particulary in the Parchment Text. That should save at least one line in that section.  Sticking the Notes: header back in its text block will save one line space, but I prefer shortening the text block, which should only require amending one sentence: Six Villagers will follow the Heroes, but they may be attacked by monsters.  

Daedalus wrote on 04/29/13 at 9:42am:
page 29/30:
Quest 10

Civil War

"My friends, although you've hurried to the city with the Crown to secure the kingdom's stability, civil war has unfortunately already escalated in the capital and other towns. The two families battle without mercy over this artifact of Stolland, and the Orcs that have been lurking at the borders have gathered in the countryside and now mercilessly maraud over it. You have to take sides, and now! In the south of the city, you will find the palace of House Galinicus, and in the east you will find the estate of House Trell. You must take the Crown of the Rooster King to one of them. Save those city inhabitants that you can, for thousands of lives have already been lost due to ambition and vanity."

Notes:
Place all the rooms and corridors except the central chamber on the Gameboard before this Quest begins.  Inform the Heroes that they have walked the city before. On every Evil Wizard Player's turn, place a Goblin, Orc, or Fimir on each of the squares marked with an "X".  Six Villagers will follow the Heroes inoffensively for safety, but they still may be attacked by monsters. If none of these six Villagers survives, the Heroes automatically become Champions of Darkness at the end of this Quest.

A. The first Hero who searches for treasure will meet a Wandering Merchant, as shown on the new
    Treasure Card.  The chest is empty.

B. This chest is protected by an arrow trap. If a Hero searches for treasure before the trap has been
    disarmed, he will lose 1 Body Point.
 The chest contains a Potion of Healing which restores up to 4
    Body Points
, a Potion of Will, and a Potion of Velocity.

C. Don't place the contents of this room on the gameboard until the room's secret door is found and
    opened.  The first Hero to search for treasure will
find the artifact Borin's Helmet above the fireplace.

D. These trap doors are connected by a subterranean corridor. Any Hero or monster landing on one
    of these squares immediately moves to the other trap door square.  The Hero's or monster's turn is
    then over.
 The weapons rack holds a weapon that is determined by drawing an Equipment Card.

E. The Heroes have to choose where to take the Crown of the Rooster King by exiting the Quest.  The
    eastern exit at the right side of the gameboard leads to the Trell estate (Quests 11 and 12).  The
    southern exit at the bottom of the gameboard leads to House Galinicus (Quests 11 and 13).

HeroQuest Orc Wandering Monster in this Quest: Orc

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Reply #343 - 07/16/13 at 12:25pm

@ ghan:
1. In quest 10, can you exchange D and E in the map?
Est-ce possible qu'échanger D et E dans le plan de quête?

2. Balthazar a l'Orbe d'Ahlin... Y a-t-il deux orbes?
Il y a la possibilité de décrire Balthazar avec le texte de la carte pour l'orbe OU de ne faire pas les héros que trouver l'orbe pendant quête 8.
Ma première suggestion est plus simple d'accomplir.

I hope my French is comprehensible. Long time no study...

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #344 - 07/16/13 at 3:24pm

I noticed you used Evil Wizard player in this Quest.  If you are going with the EU stylization, I neglegted to make the proper edit in Quest 12 Notes section:

Notes:
The Heroes play this Quest if the Crown of the Rooster King was given to House Trell after the events of "Civil War".  The Emperor's Champions choose spells BEFORE the Heroes do.  Balthazar chooses 2 sets, and Korhil chooses 1 set which he may exchange for 2 potions from the Treasure Card deck before the Quest begins.  As the castle is in pitious condition, all the traps within cannot be removed. After finishing the Quest, the Evil Wizard player continues by reading "The Triumph of Morcar" to the Heroes....

Now onto the final Quest edits!

knightkrawler wrote on 06/30/13 at 7:52am:
Quest 13: The Punishment of the Felons

'My friends, today your allegiance to the Empire has been firmly established. Your loyalty to the Emperor's judgement has made you capable of seeing clearly the truth behind the conspiracy unravelling before your eyes. The obscure House Trell in reality serves its own interests and those of the forces of chaos. Its members must be punished for their treason and thus the Emperor has sent you as their executioners. No Trell shall survive. Take care, for Augustus Trell, the principal of the family, has dark powers and powerful allies. Morcar has sent his Champions of Darkness to protect him.'

Notes: The Heroes play this quest if the Crown of the Rooster King has been returned to House Galinicus. After this quest, the Evil Wizard player continues by reading "The Triumph of the Empire" to the Heroes.

A. If the first Hero entering this room is a Champion of Light, these guardians join him as though they were companions instead of attacking the heroes.

B. This chest contains a Heroic Brew and the artifact Wand of Recall.

C. This chest is protected by a trap: all Heroes in the room lose one Body point. The chest contains 100 gold coins.

D. Morcar has sent his Champions of Darkness to assist Trell and to dispose of the Heroes. Each Champion starts on any one square marked 'D'.
* Augustus Trell: Mov. 2 dice/ Att. 3/ Def. 5/ Body 4/ Mind 8.
Trell is a Necromancer at the disposal of a wizard's staff and a Heroic Brew. Before the quest, he may choose one set of spells BEFORE the Heroes do and gets the Spirit and Death spell sets.
* Korohm the Roaring: Mov. 2 dice/ Att. 5/ Def. 3/ Body 8/ Mind 2.
Korohm is a champion Berserker who fights with two magical battle axes. He has two attacks every turn and defends by rolling skulls.
* Black Mask: Mov. 2/ Att. 4/ Def. 4/ Body 6/ Mind 4.
Black Mask is a champion Assassin who uses a crossbow and a Potion of Resilience. He owns the artifact Ethereal Cloak, which allows him to pass through walls and obstacles as though he were a wraith. This artifact may not be utilised by any Hero.

"My friends, today your allegiance to the Empire has been firmly established. Your faith in the Emperor's judgement has enabled you to see clearly the truth behind the conspiracy unravelling before your eyes. The obscure House Trell in reality serves its own interests and those of the forces of Chaos. Its members must be punished for their treason, thus the Emperor sends you as their executioners. No Trell shall survive. Take care, for Augustus Trell, the patriarch of the family, has dark powers and powerful allies. Morcar has sent his Champions of Darkness to protect him."

Notes:
The Heroes play this Quest if the Crown of the Rooster King has been returned to House Galinicus. Trell choses 1 spell set before the Heroes. After this Quest, the Evil Wizard player continues by reading "The Triumph of the Empire" to the Heroes.

A. If the first Hero entering this room is a Champion of Light, these Guards join him as though they were
    Companions instead of attacking the Heroes.

B. This treasure chest contains Heroic Brew and the artifact called the Wand of Recall.

C. This chest is protected by a poison gas trap.  If a Hero searches for treasure before the trap has been
    disarmed,
all Heroes in the room will lose 1 Body Point. The chest contains 100 gold coins.

D. Morcar has sent his Champions of Darkness to assist Trell and to dispose of the Heroes. Each
    Champion starts on one of the squares marked 'D'.

AUGUSTUS TRELL: Movement 2 dice | Attack 3 | Defend 5 | Body 4 | Mind 8
    Trell is a Necromancer Champion who has a wizard's staff and Heroic Brew. He gets the Spirit and
    Death spell sets in addition to the set he chooses before the Quest.

KOROHM THE ROARING: Movement 2 dice | Attack 5 | Defend 3 | Body 8 | Mind 2
    Korohm is a Beserker Champion who fights with two magical battle axes. He gets 2 attacks every
    turn and defends by rolling skulls.

BLACK MASK: Movement 2 dice | Attack 4 | Defend 4 | Body 6 | Mind 4
    Black Mask is an Assassin Champion who uses a crossbow and has a Potion of Resilience. He owns
    the artifact Ethereal Cloak which allows him to pass through walls and obstacles as though he were a
    Wraith. This artifact may not be used by any Hero.

Notes:
I believe loyalty to applies to people but not thier thinking, so I changed it to faith in instead.

Principal of the family works but is a bit unusual.  I chose Patriarch because I've heard it used with family before and it has an old-fasioned feel. Head also works as a more generic term.

B. I don't think the Wand of Recall has been translated yet.  I came across a post that mentioned le sceptre du rappel (I see now it is an Artifact Card).  I also finally noticed in Quest 8 The Fire Mage of the Main System Quest Book a shorter text for treasure: "The treasure chest contains 150 gold coins and the artifact called the Wand of Magic." Anywhere I used the longer "The first Hero to search for treasure will find..." can be replaced with the shorter one to conserve line spaces.  I imagine you probably already did this.

D.  I went with capitalizing the names with no bold lettering, like the Main System Quest Book.  I think it's enough to keep things clear, but you could change the name and stats to bold text if you wish.
Does Korohm get two attacks of 5 combat dice each?  That's a lot, man!  Also, can his magical battle axes be taken by the Heroes?  If not, it should be noted.  A Beserker Champion would certainly want them.  Even two Heroes would want one each if there isn't a stipulation attached.

This one certainly came out heavy at 28 lines of notes.  Even your traslation came out to 24 lines.   Dropping the spacing, my version could be reduced to 24 lines, as well.  I think it will need further trimming, including the Parchment Text.
« Last Edit: 07/17/13 at 10:38am by Daedalus »  

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #345 - 07/16/13 at 3:33pm

Here's the Quest 12 stats in the Quest 13 style, edited in red:

C. The Emperor has sent Champions of Light to dispose of the Champions of Dark at Castle Trell.
    They each start on one of the squares marked 'C'.  Their names and stats are as follows:

VALTEN THE PROTECTOR: Movement 1 die | Attack 4 | Defend 7 | Body 8 | Mind 3
    Valten can use a Potion of Velocity and a Potion of Strength.

BALTHAZAR GELT: Movement 2 dice | Attack 2 | Defend 4 | Body 4 | Mind 6
    Gelt is a Champion Seer who owns the artifact Ahlin's Orb and Heroic Brew.

KORHIL THE SAGE: Movement 2 dice | Attack 3 | Defend 5 | Body 5 | Mind 5
    Korhil uses a halberd and has Heroic Brew.

Now for some sleep.
« Last Edit: 07/17/13 at 10:37am by Daedalus »  

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Reply #346 - 07/17/13 at 11:20am

@ ghan:
1. In quest 10, can you exchange D and E in the map?
Est-ce possible qu'échanger D et E dans le plan de quête?

2. Balthazar a l'Orbe d'Ahlin... Y a-t-il deux orbes?
Il y a la possibilité de décrire Balthazar avec le texte de la carte pour l'orbe OU de ne faire pas les héros que trouver l'orbe pendant quête 8.
Ma première suggestion est plus simple d'accomplir.

3. Korohm attaque deux fois avec 5 dés chaque fois? Deux attaques contre un adversaire ou seulement contre deux adversaires?
Est-ce-qu'il faut les héros prendre ses hachettes?

I hope my French is comprehensible. Long time no study...

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #347 - 07/17/13 at 2:10pm

I reworked Quest 13 so it can fit better:

"My friends, your allegiance to the Empire has been firmly established. Your faith in the Emperor's judgement has enabled you to see clearly through the conspiracy. House Trell in reality serves its own interests and those of Morcar. Its treasonous members must be punished, so the Emperor sends you as executioners. No Trell shall survive. Take care, for Augustus Trell has dark powers and powerful allies. Morcar has sent his Champions of Darkness to protect him."

Notes:
The Heroes play this Quest if the Crown of the Rooster King has been returned to House Galinicus.  Trell choses 1 spell set before the Heroes at the start of the Quest.  After the Quest, read aloud "The Triumph of the Empire".

A. If a Champion of Light first enters this room, these Guards join him as Companions instead of
    attacking.

B. This treasure chest contains Heroic Brew and the artifact called the Wand of Recall.

C. This chest is protected by a poison gas trap.  If a Hero searches for treasure before the trap has been
    disarmed,
all Heroes in the room will lose 1 Body Point. The chest contains 100 gold coins.

D. Each of Morcar's Champions of Darkness starts on one of the squares marked 'D'.  They too must be
    killed.

AUGUSTUS TRELL: Movement 2 dice | Attack 3 | Defend 5 | Body 4 | Mind 8
    Trell is a Necromancer Champion who has a wizard's staff and Heroic Brew. He gets the Spirit and
    Death spell sets in addition to the set he chooses before the Quest.

KOROHM THE ROARING: Movement 2 dice | Attack 5/5 | Defend 3 | Body 8 | Mind 2
    A Beserker Champion who fights with two magical battle axes, Korohm gets 2 attacks and defends
    with skulls.

BLACK MASK: Movement 2 dice | Attack 4 | Defend 4 | Body 6 | Mind 4
    An Assassin Champion who has a crossbow, a Potion of Resilience, and the artifact Ethereal Cloak,
    Black Mask can
pass through walls and obstacles as a Wraith. The Ethereal Cloak may not be used
    by Heroes or Companions.

Notes:
I reduced the Parchment Text to what should work out to 4 lines, which I think is necessary to fit with 22 lines of notes.  The notes section was reduced by 5 lines, bringing it to 23 lines.  If you take out the spaces between the Champions of Darkness, it will fit no problem.  I'm personally hoping you can manage a half-line space between the Champions for better clarity, anyway.  Do you think other Quests need to be reduced like this one?

I edited Korohm's attack stat to 5/5, matching what is stated.  I assume Korohm works using the EU rules, as ghan has playtested him.  I'm concerned using Korohm with the multiple attack rule from the BQP, however (correct me if I'm wrong).  This NA expansion allows Korohm to attack twice against the same Hero with 10 Attack dice, while the Hero is only allowed to defend once.  The most likely scenario is 3 or 4 Body Points of damage done to a Hero every turn. That will pretty much kill anybody without healing in two turns.  Meanwhile, Korohm probably takes 1.5 Body Points of damage per turn, so he should be around for five turns.  Sounds like at least one dead Hero with healing, two without. Using the NA rules, I'd suggest each attack be reduced to 4 Attack dice to give a Hero fighting Korohm a better chance.  This is a case where making a NA version makes a lot of sense, glad you're taking the trouble.
Smiley

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Reply #348 - 07/18/13 at 9:31am

One more page to go, mon ami...

As for the format, I'll send the text to ghan as is, then I'll have him send back to me the work in progress so we can help finishing this monster.
I sent ghan a PM with your questions, adding one of mine. I want these new icons for HeroScribe. When I have them, I'm gonna do the maps NA style. I have already done this, but had to proxy ghan's original icons.

As for the NA version of the quest book, having said that I did the maps, I also intend to some day tweak the rules, cards, and quest texts to fit NA style.
Well, it's a plan... Wink

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #349 - 07/18/13 at 5:03pm

Almost there...

The Triumph of Morcar

'My erstwhile students, I am afraid that your exploits brought great calamities over the Empire. I, Mentor, must not tell you where to go and what to do anymore, for you are considered felons to the Empire and mercenaries for the forces of chaos.

'It is with humiliation, that I have heard how you helped dispossessing the Kingdom of Stolland. Yes, it has fallen into the clutches of Morcar. House Trell has served him and become his instruments as have you through your allegiance with them. Augustus Trell's vanity and thirst for power know no equal. His riches sufficed him no more, and the luring susurrus of Morcar corrupted his spirit. Once the Kingdom had tumbled over his conspiracy, his allegiance with the ancient sorcerer was capable of drowning the people of Stolland in blood. Suddenly, the Empire is vulnerable to assaults from the hordes of the South. Thus, the Emperor sent his Champions of Light after you to end your felonies, but you eliminated those sages and warriors without remorse or hesitation. To deprive the Empire of these heroes is the fabric of tragedy for all civilizations of men.

'Yet, I have not given up all hope. I daresay you have merely been puppets on a string in this matter. You may have been blissfully ignorant to the wrongs your baleful choices caused. Indeed, you might not be the heroes the Empire wishes for, but you are the only heroes left for now.

'My erstwhile students, if my suspicions prove right, I plan on helping you end this folly. I shall continue to guide you through the darkness, as only through the darkness your path shall lead. For you are merely Champions of Darkness, of chaos, and of Morcar.'

"My erstwhile students, I fear that your exploits have brought great calamities upon the Empire. I, Mentor, must not tell you where to go and what to do anymore, for you are considered felons of the Empire and mercenaries for the forces of Chaos.

It is with great shame I have had to reveal how you delivered the Kingdom of Stolland into Morcar's clutches. House Trell has been serving him and become his instrument, as have you through your allegiance with it. Augustus Trell's vanity and thirst for power know no equal. His riches suffice him no longer, and the luring promises of power whispered by Morcar have corrupted his soul. Once the kingdom had fallen under his control, his alliance with the Lord of Chaos was sealed with the massacre of its people. Consequently, the Empire has been made vulnerable to assaults from the Southern hordes. Thus, the Emperor had sent his Champions of Light after you to end your felonies, but you eliminated those sages and warriors without remorse or hesitation. To deprive the Empire of these Heroes is a tragedy for all the kingdoms of men.

"Yet, I have not given up all hope. I daresay you have merely been puppets on a string in this matter. You may have been blissfully ignorant of the wrongs your baleful choices caused. Indeed, you might not be the Heroes the Empire wishes for, but as of now you are the only Heroes left.

"My erstwhile students, if my suspicions prove right, I plan on helping you to end this folly. I shall continue to guide you through the darkness, as only through the darkness shall your paths lead. For you are merely Champions of Darkness, of Chaos, and of Morcar now."

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #350 - 07/26/13 at 3:37pm

And...

The Triumph of the Empire

'My highly regarded students, owing to you, the Empire has driven away a menace even more threatening than those before. You are worthwhile Champions of the Empire.

'House Trell, corrupted by ambition, orchestrated a conspiracy against House Galinicus to discredit their bitter rivals. The young heir was merely a puppet on a string in the hands of Augustus Trell. His council, advised by politicians, steered him towards betraying his father as to not end up assassinated like him. Without a rival to the throne, power was in sight, but he did not reckon with your pugnacity, nor your loyalty to the Emperor's jurisdiction. You even dispatched the threat of Morcar's lieutenants. Without them to lead his armies into battle, Morcar cannot break the Empire's Southern borders down.

'Yet, the price weighs heavily on us: the death of Count Galinicus and his sole heir's demise... the marauding and pillaging of the towns of Stolland... The Kingdom of the South must be rebuilt, and it is reserved to its new heroes to show its people the way.

'Already, your exploits are being reported to the Emperor, who is enjoying the adventures of his new Champions of Light. He will compensate each one of you with five hundred gold coins and with peerages of the Kingdom of Stolland. 

'From now on, you shall be addressed by "Count" or "Archon of the Kingdom of Stolland". The loyalty you showed the Empire is being shown to you.

'To the Empire! To its Champions!'

The Triumph of the Empire

"My esteemed friends, thanks to you, the Empire has eliminated a most insiduous and terrible threat. You are indeed worthy Champions of the Empire.

"House Trell, corrupted by ambition, orchestrated a conspiracy against House Galinicus to discredit their bitter rivals. The young heir was merely a puppet on a string in the hands of Augustus Trell.  Consequently, his councilors steered him towards betraying his father so he wouldn't also end up assassinated.  

"The path to the throne lay open with his rival removed, but Trell reckoned with neither your tenacity nor your fidelity
to the Emperor's jurisdiction.  You even dispatched the threat of Morcar's lieutenants. Without them to lead his armies into battle, Morcar can no longer break the Empire's southern borders.

"The price of betrayal--the deaths of Galinicus, his heir, and the pillaging and burning of the towns--all weigh heavily.  The Southern Kingdom must be rebuilt, and it is up to the new Heroes of the kingdom to show its people the way.

"Already, your exploits have been recounted to the Emperor, who rejoices at the adventures successfully faced by his new Champions of Light. He will reward each one of you with 500 gold coins and Stollandish noble titles.  Henceforth, you shall be addressed as Counts and Regents of the kingdom of Stolland.  It is due only that you honor the loyalty which binds you to the Empire.  

"To the Empire! To its Champions!"

Notes:
I returned to the familiar My highly regarded friends.  I feel students limits them at their time of triumph.  

I felt politicians was a little modern sounding, so I went with councilors.

I took out marauding, as it closely resembles pillaging.  Burning was returned in its place, which adds more detail.

I feel peerages, while specific and correct, is a bit too rare of a word.  I've heard of it once or twice only (maybe it's just me), so I replaced it with noble titles.  I added Stollandish, figuring it shortened and tightened things.  I'm counting on ghan's approval, as he's reacted positively in the past to Stollander.  If such isn't the case, then noble titles of Stolland is an alternative, as is what you've already written.

Archons isn't familiar to me as a royalty title, so I shied away from it.  Actually, I'd rather do away with ghan's original Regents as well, as I feel Count says it all simply and well.   Just my opinion, really. Regents could confer additional privilege, I suppose.  I struggled with the closing sentence of this paragraph, but after trying out several translators with ghan's words I decided on It is due only that you honor....  If you are sure this is off, then revert back to your closing with the following edit: "The loyalty you have shown the Empire is being shown to you."

...done!

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Reply #351 - 07/27/13 at 9:57am

...yes. Done!
Thank you very much, dear Sir Daedalus!
I very much appreciate what you've done for this project.
Waiting for ghan's answer now.

IP Logged

ghan
I AM NOT HERBERT!

i'am french, it's a problem?

colmar, France
Reply #352 - 08/05/13 at 9:47am

hello every body^^

i came back after my wedding, so i have time to translate your work and finalize your work!!

thank you very much  Grin

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #353 - 08/05/13 at 11:53pm

Let me know if you want me to rework any of the longer Quests.  I managed to get the last two Quests down to a one page limit, and I should be able to do so for other Quests that are over-long.  Also, don't forget the Wand of Recall (le sceptre du rappel) Artifact Card still needs translating.

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Reply #354 - 08/06/13 at 12:20am

Daedalus wrote on 08/05/13 at 11:53pm:
Let me know if you want me to rework any of the longer Quests.  I managed to get the last two Quests down to a one page limit, and I should be able to do so for other Quests that are over-long.  Also, don't forget the Wand of Recall (le sceptre du rappel) Artifact Card still needs translating.

Will do.
I can't find the original Sceptre du Rappel text, dammit.

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #355 - 08/12/13 at 8:12pm

While looking back for the Sceptre du Rappel (haven't found it), I noticed a couple of cards that weren't edited. Here's the first:

knightkrawler wrote on 06/01/12 at 12:25pm:
Medicine Kit*

The Medicine Kit allows you to heal any figure standing on an adjacent square, but not yourself or a figure with zero Body points. As this turn's action, roll up to three combat dice. For every skull rolled, the patient regains one Body point; however, if a black shield is rolled, the supply of medicine in the Kit is used up. In this case, the Medicine Kit is discarded.
Price: 370 gold coins; May not be used by the Barbarian

*maybe a better translation is possible, I just wanted to have something according to Tool Kit.

- Ointment Pot
- Medicine Pouch
- Pouch of Healing

Healer's Kit

The healer's kit allows you to restore lost Body Points to yourself or an ally on an adjacent square.  In place of your action, roll up to 3 combat dice. For each skull rolled, the recipient regains 1 Body Point.  If a black shield is rolled, the supplies are used up and the healer's kit is discarded.  If you are reduced to zero Body Points, you may restore your own Body Points--but not an ally's--only if you haven't yet taken an action on your turn.

Cost 370 gold coins.
May not be used by the Barbarian.

Notes:
Apothecary Pot works, but I see your point in wanting a more integrated approach.  I went with healer's kit to combine tool kit and the Alchemist's Shop, and I feel healer seems more fantasy than medicine. However, the art doesn't match as well, as only a pot is pictured.

Healing spells work on a caster reduced to zero BPs that still has an action available, so I didn't include a restriction against using the healing kit on the owner.  It seems harsh to let a Hero or Companion die when he has a healing kit handy.

I used periods for the bottom cost and restriction notations to match the EU equipment cards.  Another option is to go with the NA Armory notation:

Healer's Kit
370 gold coins
Restore Body Points

[Text]  May not be used by the
Barbarian

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #356 - 08/12/13 at 8:43pm

And the other one:

knightkrawler wrote on 03/17/12 at 5:50am:
Magic Ammunition
The magic ammunition allows you to add one combat die to every attack with a ranged weapon. However, as soon as you roll at least one black shield during such an attack, the last piece of magic ammunition is used up and this card not longer usable.
Price: 150 gold coins
May not be used by the Barbarian
EQUIPMENT

Magic Ammunition

Magic ammunition allows you to add 1 combat die to every attack with a ranged weapon. However, as soon as you roll at least one black shield during such an attack, the last piece of magic ammunition is used up and this card is discarded.

Cost 150 gold coins.
May not be used by the Barbarian.
WEAPON

IP Logged

knightkrawler
ROCKET CAR!

BAMF!

Reply #357 - 08/14/13 at 10:41pm

Done.
Still waiting for ghan's answering my PM, so that I can actually send him my files.
Duuude...

IP Logged

ghan
I AM NOT HERBERT!

i'am french, it's a problem?

colmar, France
Reply #358 - 10/02/13 at 11:11am

I don't forget you but i have work  this summer...english version go back in november

IP Logged

Daedalus
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

WTF?!

Tainan City, Taiwan
Reply #359 - 10/08/13 at 12:17am

Looking forward to the results.  Let me know if any Quest Notes need to be shortened.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 
Send Topic Print