Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/18/19 at 9:27am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Space Crusade PC game by LurchBrick (Read 47758 times)
Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Re: Space Crusade PC game by LurchBrick
Reply #80 - 04/09/16 at 1:05am

I took 1LP off the dreadnought after it killed the gunner and it scored four again, this time with the missile launcher, and the new gunner survived.

Never mind about the commanders' LP, you just have to hover the cursor over them. I forgot that.

Got the same fatal error again on the same mission. Try playing Assassination and it should happen, it's the first mission. I'm going to try starting from the second mission.

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #81 - 04/09/16 at 4:16am

Didn't get very far with the second mission. Got Alien Elite on the first turn and after the aliens had taken their turns it went back to the chaos commander who went first but nothing happened, he just sat there and didn't do anything so I had to exit. I got the Alien Elite the second time I tried it but I couldn't see if the same problem happened again because I got the same fatal error before the end of the alien turn. I think it's always when a dreadnought is about to take its turn. It's happened every time so it's a big bug.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #82 - 04/09/16 at 7:43am

Thanks for the bug reports.

Which version are you using? I've uploaded the latest version (1.5.12) I've been working on which should fix the Alien elite and dreadnaught bugs.

I'll have a look into the other bugs you mentioned.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #83 - 04/09/16 at 3:10pm

That's the version I'm using.

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #84 - 04/10/16 at 6:45am

Twelve mission campaign: https://www.mediafire.com/?3tq7y4fr5dvsdm7
The updated SC-12 and MD-3 are just so the campaigns link together, SC-MD-NF. There's no actual changes to those two missions and you can still start a campaign from SC or MD so those two can overwrite the original files.

My turn for bugs. I forgot to update the next missions to match the new names so they didn't link up. I've fixed that and some place holder text I forgot to update as well as fixing some typos. I've also toned down mission 3 because it was a bit too hard.

I'm using version 1_5_7, that's the last one I had and it's working fine.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #85 - 04/10/16 at 11:20pm

Just be aware that using an older version could mean that the mission files don't contain bug fixes that were implemented in later program versions.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #86 - 04/12/16 at 11:25am

I have a request for the next version that I don't think would be too much trouble to implement. Could you make tarantulas a separate mission option to the extra heavy weapons? At the moment there's four possible combinations; five man standard squad, five man squad with advanced weapons, seven man standard squad and seven man squad with advanced weapons. This would double the combinations to eight because they'd be a with and without tarantula variation that would make some some interesting squad compositions. I've got an eight mission campaign that I'm in the early stages of working on and a different squad rules for each mission would be a great way to add variety.

Also a less important but still nice added option would be to turn off the extra bolters for seven man squads like it was in earlier versions, increasing the possible squad combinations to twelve. If you do this I'll expand it to another twelve mission campaign. At the moment, seven man squads without the MD weapons really favours the BAs and slightly favours the UMs over the IFs.

What do you think? The tarantula option would make the biggest and most interesting new squad options but the bolter option would add some nice variations as well. As standard the extra bolter option could be set as on and the tarantula option could be set as on if the extra heavy weapon option is on and off if it isn't so that it doesn't affect missions that have already been made. Cool

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #87 - 04/13/16 at 4:59am

I'll look into adding the tarantula weapon as a separate option.

Not sure what you mean by the extra bolter option. Do you mean limit the total number of bolters in a mission?

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #88 - 04/13/16 at 7:51am

LurchBrick wrote on 04/13/16 at 4:59am:
I'll look into adding the tarantula weapon as a separate option.
Smiley

LurchBrick wrote on 04/13/16 at 4:59am:
Not sure what you mean by the extra bolter option. Do you mean limit the total number of bolters in a mission?
Yea, so you could have the two extra marines with or without the two extra bolters.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #89 - 04/14/16 at 12:06am

Is there a particular reason why you'd want unarmed marines in a mission?

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #90 - 04/14/16 at 5:52am

More blood splatter ...

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #91 - 04/14/16 at 2:02pm

LurchBrick wrote on 04/14/16 at 12:06am:
Is there a particular reason why you'd want unarmed marines in a mission?
They'd never be unarmed. Even with seven marines and all three weapon options set to off (no extra bolters, no extra heavy weapons, no tarantula) they'd still be enough weapons (commander, three heavy weapons, three bolters), it would just mean that they don't get a choice of weapons.

I'd use that setup for the first mission and write a readme file explaining the two campaigns and how the can be linked together with the standard ones and pointing out that the first mission of the new campaign would be a good place to start for complete beginners to learn the basic weapons without having to think about which ones to take before they've even used them.

The idea is just so that there can be more limitations and force the player to make different choices depending on the mission. That would add a bit of variety and create some interesting options for the player.

Of course the player can always decide to change their weapons but it would be better if they could always pick the optimum setup and be forced to use different variations depending on the mission rules. For example, seven marines with extra heavy weapons but no extra bolters and no tarantula would create an interesting squad setup for the BAs.

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #92 - 04/15/16 at 4:55pm

Another really cool addition would be to multiply the number of chaos marines and commanders by three. That way there could be the equivalent of three five man squads and they could have the exact weapons available to the player, five bolters, three heavy weapons, three extra heavy weapons, the tarantula and one of each commander weapons. This would allow for some nice chaos themed mission options.

If you wanted to take it a stage further, the reinforcements could be set up as three actual squads that come in from a docking claw separate from the standard reinforcements and they could have the same equipment and orders as the three marine chapters with the gear they get dependent on the aliens rank and marks of chaos. The only equipment card that wouldn't work would be the bioscanner but it could be changed to biocloaker that hides up to three active blips until they're in LOS of a marine.

Chaos BAs: Assault cannon, three bolters.
Chaos IFs: Plasma gun, fusion gun, tarantula, bolter.
Chaos UMs: Missile launcher, conversion beamer, las cannon, bolter.

Smiley

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #93 - 04/17/16 at 10:45pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3tq7y4fr5dvsdm7/New_Frontier.zip

Final version of the New Frontier campaign. I've just finished playing through from the start. I didn't fail any of the missions so it isn't too hard if you know what you're doing but it should be quite challenging for players who don't know the missions. The main change is mission 2 now has smaller marine squads, four less androids and no multiple genestealers. I've also included a readme file.

There's a loophole with the BAs Lurch. You can unman the tarantula and use the heavy weapon as the new gunner to give you an extra bolter. The way round this would be to remember what weapon they had before they became the new gunner so that they keep the same movement they had while using the tarantula and get their weapon back if they leave it.

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #94 - 04/22/16 at 2:12am

I was testing one of my new missions using your newest version and I got this after the mission:

Quote:
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object missionsummaryobj:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.rankname(100788, -2147483648)
at gml_Object_missionsummaryobj_Draw_0
################################################################################
############

It was a one-off mission rather than a campaign and everybody died.

There's a PM waiting for you at YeOldeInn. Wink

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #95 - 07/27/16 at 2:27am

New update!

Now includes Eldar Attack expansion. Many improvements:

- Play as the Eldar, duh.
- Adjust the number of aliens in the mission. You want 100 Gretchin, you got 100 Gretchin. 100 Chaos marines, why not?
- New objectives.
- Change the weapons a squad can use in a mission.
- Bug fixes galore.

See the 1st post for download link.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print