Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/18/19 at 10:04am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Space Crusade PC game by LurchBrick (Read 47762 times)
LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Re: Space Crusade PC game by LurchBrick
Reply #40 - 06/12/13 at 4:30pm

Yes this project is still getting worked on, though at a very slow pace.  Roll Eyes

I am currently working on a mission editor. It is about half complete at this time. So far, the editor allows you to place main board tiles, docking claws, enter mission text, and set the primary and secondary objectives. I'm working on adding specific objective markers from the main game, such as first player to get all marines off the board, blowing up a room, etc.

Once this editor is complete, I will need to go back to the actual game and fix it to actually use the editor created missions. Hopefully this won't take a long time but I'm not promising anything at this stage.  Wink

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

the_Gracchi
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #41 - 06/16/13 at 2:46pm

Nice to hear its still being worked on. Slow and steady wins the race Smiley

So the game itself is at its current state as per the download?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #42 - 06/17/13 at 1:13am

More or less.

There have been plenty of bug fixes, particularly with how heavy weapons interact with certain order cards.

Once the mission editor is complete, I'll start working on the points scoring and rank upgrades. Then I'll release an update for everyone to test and see if anyone has any further feature requests.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

the_Gracchi
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #43 - 11/19/13 at 1:11pm

Any progess on the space crusade front?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #44 - 11/21/13 at 2:04am

Unfortunately, not as much as I would have liked. As I said in a previous post, the mission editor is basically done but it is in a rudimentary state. It needs quite a bit of polishing to make it usable by anyone but myself. Smiley

I'll be starting a new job soon which will give me quite a bit more time to devote to this and then you'll see regular updates.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Gold Bearer
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #45 - 12/24/13 at 2:11pm

Couldn't get it to work. "Unexpected error occured when running the game"?

Suggestion - Dark Angles!

New commander weapon: Power Maul/Storm Bolter (One of each dice fore shooting and hand-to-hand.)
New heavy weapon: Flamer (From Voyage Beyond but possibly with bigger area of effect.)
Blood Angles don't get Plasma Gun, Imperial Fists don't get Flamer, Ultra Marines don't get Assault Cannon, Dark Angles don't get Missile Launcher.
Dark Angle Orders: Move it, Fire, Heavy Weapon, Photon Grenades (Although I always though this should be an equipment card.)
Dark Angle Equipment: Heavy Weapon Enhancers (Fire with 2 red + 2 white), Grenade Launcher (For the commander which can be fired instead of the Storm Bolter, one of each dice, fires like Missile Launcher accept red dice on surrounding squares and white dice on 16 surrounding that.), Light Combiweapon (Storm Bolter can be used as Light Flamer possibly with smaller area of effect but definitely using one of each dice.), + the other five that they all have.

Slow but powerful.

Dreadnoughts can fire twice at the same target with their twin bolters.

Oh, and Prototype Androids: Move: 6, Armour: 3, rest the same. Androids are too weak imo. These would look cool in black.

You could also replace the commanders bolt pistol with a bolt gun (bolter without the blade) so it doesn't contradict the equipment card and I think it would look a lot better anyway.

Another change that would be interesting is to allow up to 8 honour bages and give them one equipment card for each. The way it is now the choices are pretty much set. Why would an Imperial Fist commander have anything other than a heavy bolter for example?

Are you going to be doing Mission Dreadnought and Eldar Attack? Voyage Beyond should have been Mission Dreadnought instead.

IP Logged

the_Gracchi
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #46 - 05/11/14 at 12:03pm

Hey, I've seen that you updated yor website in Feb including some info on space crusade. any closer to a new release?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #47 - 05/12/14 at 3:09am

Actually yes. The game is complete and ready to go, however I just need some more time to do some testing to iron out any remaining bugs.

And I also need to write out the instructions on how to use the new mission editor and the new features since the last release.

I'm aiming to have this testing done by the end of the month. If I can't make that date, I'll probably ask for some volunteers to do some testing for me.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #48 - 06/08/14 at 3:40am

After almost 3 years since the last update, the wait is over.

All the original missions are playable and I've also included the mission editor. So grab the download and have fun. (Download link is in the 1st post).

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #49 - 06/08/14 at 6:13pm

LurchBrick wrote on 06/08/14 at 3:40am:
After almost 3 years since the last update, the wait is over.

All the original missions are playable and I've also included the mission editor. So grab the download and have fun. (Download link is in the 1st post).

Ok, so I tried the game out a little, and after trying the first mission with all three squads, and having all my marines eliminated except for two commanders I managed to kill the Dreadnought. Assuming I had to get back to the boarding claws to end the mission I did so and both my remaining commanders died. How are you supposed to end the mission? And why do you die when you go back to the boarding claw? And aren't the dread a bit too tough if it takes three squads of marines to kill it?

On the other hand you have different fingers.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #50 - 06/08/14 at 10:01pm

Good point. Once the primary objective is completed, you will need to get back to the docking claw to finish the mission.

The marines don't die when they get back to the docking claw as you can see by the chapter symbol that appears in their stat box. When they die, their stat box shows some static instead. The problem is that the dying sounds shouldn't play when a marine is leaving via the docking claw. Thanks for picking up something that I should have noticed.

I've uploaded a version with this issue fixed. Same link in first post.

If you've played the board game, you'll know that the dreads are extremely tough (mainly due to their armour value of 4) and basically require co-ordination between chapters as well as use of the order cards and a bit of luck to defeat. As you have demonstrated, they can be beaten but at a cost.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #51 - 06/09/14 at 7:01am

As always, a few bugs sneak in when you're not looking. Latest version is "SpaceCrusade1_2".

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

the_Gracchi
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #52 - 06/09/14 at 12:45pm

Nice work! Great to see the new release!

Had a quick play around with the mission editor, it quite intuitive and straight forward, even making an entire campaign.

A few of things:
In a mission I had two orks occupy the same square
Are re-rolls working, is it doing them automatically?
Can I convert 8 honor badges into a rank?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #53 - 06/09/14 at 7:07pm

I've had some trouble pinpointing why some aliens stand on top of each other. Are you able to provide any details on what was occurring when it happened? Did one change from a blip to an alien? Did one shoot after it moved? Anything you remember would be helpful.

All rerolls are automatic. Also receiving orders from event cards are also automatic.

At this stage, you can't convert badges into rank. To be added in future.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #54 - 06/10/14 at 1:12am

LurchBrick wrote on 06/08/14 at 10:01pm:
Good point. Once the primary objective is completed, you will need to get back to the docking claw to finish the mission.

The marines don't die when they get back to the docking claw as you can see by the chapter symbol that appears in their stat box. When they die, their stat box shows some static instead. The problem is that the dying sounds shouldn't play when a marine is leaving via the docking claw. Thanks for picking up something that I should have noticed.

I've uploaded a version with this issue fixed. Same link in first post.

If you've played the board game, you'll know that the dreads are extremely tough (mainly due to their armour value of 4) and basically require co-ordination between chapters as well as use of the order cards and a bit of luck to defeat. As you have demonstrated, they can be beaten but at a cost.

Ah ok. That explains the Aurgh! when they leave.

Sure dreads are tough, but wiping three squads to take out one dread? I used two melta bombs as well.

Maybe I was just unlucky.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #55 - 06/10/14 at 2:08am

That does seem unlucky. I've managed to take out dreads with a BA bolter marine in one attack. Smiley

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #56 - 06/10/14 at 3:48am

When right-clicking on an enemy to melee attack them, if a marine moves onto a square of the claw it exits instead. If you can fix the pathing so that right-clicking to melee doesn't allow you to step over squares in the claw I think that's better.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #57 - 06/10/14 at 4:08am

Pathfinding fixed in next update.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

finnpalm
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

DUCKFACE!

Gothenburg, Sweden
Reply #58 - 06/10/14 at 4:22am

I keep getting "This is NOT the blah blah expected of the Space Marines. Take a long hard look at yourselves.." message when exiting, even though I've killed all aliens and destroyed the dread in the first mission. Is it a bug? Can I see my objectives somewhere?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #59 - 06/10/14 at 5:39am

Yes that is a bug. It will be fixed in the next update. I've also added some objective buttons so that you can review your objectives during a mission.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print