Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/18/19 at 9:27am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Space Crusade PC game by LurchBrick (Read 47759 times)
LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Re: Space Crusade PC game by LurchBrick
Reply #20 - 07/08/11 at 12:11am

Found the problem. Fixed for next update.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #21 - 07/08/11 at 1:07am

I can't wait !

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #22 - 07/25/11 at 1:45pm

When do you think you release the final version  ?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #23 - 07/25/11 at 8:39pm

As you may have guessed, this took a back seat for a while.

All I have left to do for the next release is to construct an "Options" page to adjust certain game options. Thus there will definitely be a release this weekend. Yeah, yeah, we've all heard this before.  Grin

This update will still only contain the 1st mission but there have been a heap of bug fixes and small feature additions.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - 07/25/11 at 11:46pm

Ok ty for this info !
I will wait for the complete game and I will jump for joy for the new beta version you're going to release.

IP Logged

Arcade floret bobongo muwanga
ROCKET CAR!

West Midlands UK, United Kingd, United Kingdom
Reply #25 - 07/30/11 at 4:28am

*waits patiently*

Legolasbaker has stated: the original European series of Hero Quest, has reached the apex of playability for a board game."

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #26 - 07/30/11 at 8:05am

same here ...

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #27 - 07/31/11 at 7:38am

Your patience has been appreciated.

As promised, the latest update is up!

Lots of bug fixes and a move to more closely match the boardgame.

Manually rerolling dice didn't make it into this update but it is a future addition.

There are now Marine squad buttons that must be pressed before you use that squad.

The Assault cannon now has a Fire button before it can be shot. Once this button is pressed, you cannot take it back. So no changing your mind and going for a melee attack instead.

An Imperial Fist commander with a Comb weapon card now has a button to choose which firing mode you want.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #28 - 07/31/11 at 9:17am

Thank you very much !
I'm going to test it now !

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #29 - 07/31/11 at 9:42am

Well I just succeed (as always) the first mission.
Here are things I've noted :

-> a alien fire can go through other aliens which is a non sense
-> the dreadnought's blip is easy to discover ! It's the only one blip which doesn't move in diagonal : can u fix it ?
-> I've encountered a bug : my space marine couldn't make fire on the ork see pic below :
why ?
-> is it possible to get the score we do by killing aliens on the screen ?
-> didn't find the command to scroll up & down / left 2 right on theb oard and see what is expecting me.

great ! I just saw u fixed the movement with the dock arrival ! GREAT !

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #30 - 07/31/11 at 6:16pm

1. I'll have a look at the alien shots going through other aliens. As you've said, that's not supposed to happen.

2. There are 2 parts to the Dreadnaught blip issue. First, it is difficult to make the blip move like a normal alien and then change to a dreadnaught. You could have a situation where 3 other aliens are next to the dreadnaught blip and then the dreadnaught blip gets revealed. What do you do with the other surrounding alien blips? Destroy them, move them away? While not strictly true to the boardgame, it makes more sense to me that the aliens avoid crushing each other.

The second part is more thematic. In the intro comic, the marine's can tell by looking at their scanner that a large object is heading their way, obviously a dreadnaught. This way, the player can tell, if they know what they are looking for, that a dread is on the loose. Smiley

3. Yes he could. From your screenshot, the currently selected marine is carrying an Assault Cannon. As the "Fire Cannon" button is still on the screen, that means the marine is in hand to hand mode. You have to press that button to roll the heavy dice and bring up the targetting icons. the icons will only appear if you have rolled high enough to overcome the alien's armour.

4. The scoring system will be added in the next update.

5. Scrolling is done by moving the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen. There are no keyboard commands to scroll the screen.

I hope you're liking the improvements.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #31 - 08/01/11 at 2:13am

YES I DO SIR !!
Didn't see the canon option for the fire : excellent system.
I understand what you mean with the dreadnough's blip.
When I master a real party, if the blip is revealed and other aliens are around in a corridor or a room, I try to place it the best I can behind the "already in place aliens".
It avoids me (most of the time)a open conflict with the marine players which are NEVER agreed with the new positions.
So I place the dreadnough one or 2 squares back to not move the aliens in front of him or to his sides.
We see that as a fluctuation and a resonance of the blip detection.
I see that a a peaceful way to play. (pfiuu they don't read here !)

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #32 - 08/01/11 at 3:19am

I ignore a first error while I was trying with a space marine to fire on the dreadnough with the plasma gun. (it doesn't work and didn't want to work on it !) ultramarines squad. (first room the dreadnough ! huge surprise !)

So next turn I use the med kit for the commander and no way : none of my space marines wanted to fire excepted the plasma gun this time and error message :

for object acammo:

Error in code at line 9:
      if ds_list_find_index(chapterchoice.alienstomove,target.alienid) != -1
                                                              ^
at position 62: Unknown variable alienid

for object plasmabeam:

Error in code at line 45:
      x = plastargetid.x;
                       ^
at position 23: Unknown variable x

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #33 - 08/01/11 at 5:54am

Another thing not possible in normal play : the position of the dreadnought between doors just below :

The central walls of the board never cannot let you place the dreadnought in a such position.

Some other points I've noted  :

-> The missile weapon cannot target a visible empty square : why ?
You often target one to reach more aliens.

-> When the dreadnought is destroyed and the captain of the winning team is on the docks the party is stopped : why ?
What about other players still in play ?
We never play like this ... leave or die ... trying to do the best score to get a distinction with the marines you've eventually lost ...

-> I've encountered again the movement problem while exiting the docks at the start of the game. My light bolter lost 2 squares and cannot fire on the angle of the corridor on the first turn : aouch : one dead ! ...  was a android !!

-> I also met the same problem than this morning :
ultramarines turn.
I click on the captain or the missile launcher space marine and no fire possible !
This time I've checked if  Ididn't missed the plasma button but no no. Impossible to fire !

-> I've got the event defective gear and also the no ammo one.
It is not very clear to discover who was targeted by those cards.

Well the forthcoming game would very nice anyway.
Apart the poor games we had in the '90, yours is the most effective even with a beta version.

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #34 - 08/01/11 at 6:55am

It's never a good idea to press the Ignore error button. If you press the Ignore button when an error occurs, the rest of the code that comes after the error is not run and this will definitely cause weird errors as you've seen. So in future, unfortunately, if an error occurs, you are better off clicking the Abort button.

Yes, the dread should not stop at those central doorways. I'll fix that.

The missile weapon can target an empty square however you first need to press and hold the "Control" button on your keyboard. When this button is pressed, targetting icons will appear on any square that the missile launcher can shoot at.

The game stops when the winning team enters the dock simply because it's a beta. Smiley Continuing the battle with other squads when one team exits will be included in the future.

With the movement problem and no line of sight at the corner, could you post a screenshot of where this is occurring, and which marine chapter,  so I can replicate it.

The no firing problem. Were you using the ultramarines by themselves? Was this the very first turn of the game? Could you still move the marines? Were they the only ones left in the squad?

I'll make it more obvious when the Out of ammo & defective gear cards appear about which marine has been affected.

Thanks for all the bug reports.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #35 - 08/02/11 at 1:43am

Quote:
It's never a good idea to press the Ignore error button. If you press the Ignore button when an error occurs, the rest of the code that comes after the error is not run and this will definitely cause weird errors as you've seen. So in future, unfortunately, if an error occurs, you are better off clicking the Abort button.

Well good advice. I should memorize this since I've encountered many bugs after ...

Quote:
Yes, the dread should not stop at those central doorways. I'll fix that.

Great !!

Quote:
The missile weapon can target an empty square however you first need to press and hold the "Control" button on your keyboard. When this button is pressed, targetting icons will appear on any square that the missile launcher can shoot at.

My mistake sorry ! I didn't read the instruction manual...

Quote:
The game stops when the winning team enters the dock simply because it's a beta.  Continuing the battle with other squads when one team exits will be included in the future.

Excellent !! Excellent !!

Quote:
With the movement problem and no line of sight at the corner, could you post a screenshot of where this is occurring, and which marine chapter,  so I can replicate it.

Wasn't a bug, just the fact that you waste movement points to go out of the dock and it was fatal in this case since my bolter couldn't move 6 squares ahead but only 4 (2 squares wasted to go out of the dock something not in the gameboard) he couldn't check the corner and the droid killed him directly.

Quote:
The no firing problem. Were you using the ultramarines by themselves? Was this the very first turn of the game? Could you still move the marines? Were they the only ones left in the squad?

Only when I used the ultramarines squad.
It happens often, no special turn determined.
I can move the space marines, but not fire with it.
Strange.

Quote:
I'll make it more obvious when the Out of ammo & defective gear cards appear about which marine has been affected.

EXcellent too.

Arghhhh cannot wait longer !
A suggestion : inversed role : automatisez marines and you play the alien forces : possible ?

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #36 - 08/02/11 at 2:01am

No firing. Is it always the same marines? I.e. just the commander and missile launcher? It appears that the marines firing status isn't being reset from one turn to the other.

Inverse roles? Possible but I'll leave that for a much later date. Better to iron out the current bugs than add new features and possibly add more bugs. Smiley

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #37 - 08/11/11 at 2:47am

I played and played and played again.
No other bug (good news) and I couldn't reproduce this bug.
It's strange.

Well I wait for your next update (when when WHEN ?)

IP Logged

Kos
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #38 - 01/30/12 at 10:23pm

Hello!
Thank you for your work, it is very important for many people!!!!
I hope that will continue.
I think Space Crusade the best game of all time!!!

IP Logged

the_Gracchi
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Reply #39 - 06/12/13 at 10:49am

I was curious if this project is still being worked on? I saw on your website that you had updated heroquest in 2013, so heres hoping spacecrusade will see some love.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print