Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
12/15/17 at 4:12am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Allied HeroQuest Updates (Read 4286 times)
Toco
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Allied HeroQuest Updates
03/07/11 at 12:43am

Hi, version 1.4 of the revised rulebook is online. Three new Passage Quests have been added and there are some layout changes to tables. No rules are changed, since they are perfect Wink

Get it while it's hot!
« Last Edit: 09/05/12 at 6:32am by Toco »  

Miniatures BLOG: www.tocoking.be/blog

Warhammer, Epic 40K, Necromunda, HeroQuest ...
IP Logged

gridespider
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lurch is a sexy man-god!

Re: Allied HeroQuest rulebook update
Reply #1 - 11/09/11 at 10:55pm

Hello I just finished playing a game of Allied Heroquest and my teen boys and I foung it to be too difficult to finish any of the quests! the wandering monster charts were too powerful for the characters. the concept and playability is awsome! but the tokens that are being drawn every turn make the game too difficult for the heroes to even pick up any treasure in the rooms.  we started with the basic characters with no extra armor or healing potions. the heroes were handed there asses!

IP Logged

Toco

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Reply #2 - 11/28/11 at 4:25am

Did you play the prerequisite "Passage Quests", because they are intended to put gold into the Heroes' hands?

Please remember you have 8 Heroes. 4 To start, and 4 in reserve to replace the fallen ones.

Yes, Allied HeroQuest IS harder than the original. The Heroes have to focus on strategy and cannot wander around, looking in every corner for money and get rich. HURY! Speed is essential. And stick together team! Go go go!

Edit: I am not deaf to feedback. I do know it is a hard time for the Heroes. How would this modification sound? I might tip the balance in favour of the Heroes. (Which I do not like.)

Current rule:
Search for Hidden Traps (There must be no Monsters in sight!): Look at all GM's Threat Tokens. Remove all Trap Tokens. Also, place all traps indicated on the Quest map that the Hero can see. After these actions, the GM draws 1 Threat Token.

New updated rule:
Search for Hidden Traps (There must be no Monsters in sight!): Look at all GM's Threat Tokens. Remove all Trap and Ambush Threat Tokens. Also, place all traps indicated on the Quest map that the Hero can see. After these actions, the GM draws 1 Threat Token.

ps: Thanks for playing!
« Last Edit: 11/28/11 at 7:45am by Toco »  

IP Logged

Toco

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Reply #3 - 08/17/12 at 5:55am

I started working on "Allied HeroQuest" again now that my iPad version of "Splut!" is finished. (Download it for free.)

There's a reworked version of the "Allied HeroQuest" rulebook online. The Deathzone rules are clarified, and easier. And Chaos Spells are included.

Currently I'm nearly finished with Questbook "Terror in the Dark" based on the expansion for Advanced HeroQuest that went by the same name.

HeroQuest Skeleton  HeroQuest Dice Skull  HeroQuest Zombie  HeroQuest Dice Black Shield  HeroQuest Mummy

IP Logged

Toco

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Re: Allied HeroQuest Updates
Reply #4 - 09/05/12 at 6:31am

New website template in use.

Rulebook version 1.7e online.

IP Logged

Toco

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Reply #5 - 09/05/12 at 6:36am

gridespider wrote on 11/09/11 at 10:55pm:
Hello I just finished playing a game of Allied Heroquest and my teen boys and I foung it to be too difficult to finish any of the quests! the wandering monster charts were too powerful for the characters. the concept and playability is awsome! but the tokens that are being drawn every turn make the game too difficult for the heroes to even pick up any treasure in the rooms.  we started with the basic characters with no extra armor or healing potions. the heroes were handed there asses!

Go for the money in the Passages. Buy stuff in the village. Use those extra 4 Heroes to end the final Quest. And above all: stick together!

IP Logged

Toco

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Reply #6 - 04/29/16 at 4:49am

Version 1.3 of questbook "Might and Magic" online! The book now includes the quest "The Plague of Zombies" from the official design your own quest expansion.

HeroQuest Zombie HeroQuest Zombie HeroQuest Zombie

http://www.toco.be/ahq

IP Logged

Toco

Don't save Ragnar!

Middle, Belgium
Reply #7 - 11/20/17 at 12:24pm

Toco wrote on 04/29/16 at 4:49am:
Version 1.3 of questbook "Might and Magic" online! The book now includes the quest "The Plague of Zombies" from the official design your own quest expansion.

HeroQuest Zombie HeroQuest Zombie HeroQuest Zombie

http://www.toco.be/ahq

New domainname --> http://www.tocoking.be/ahq

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print