Send Topic Print
World of Warcraft (Read 42920 times)
Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Adelaide, Australia, South Australia, Australia
Re: World of Warcraft
Reply #20 - 02/17/09 at 9:38pm

I'm in. Loving it. See you in a couple of years.

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #21 - 02/17/09 at 10:57pm

Well give us some details, foo!  What server?  Name?  Class?  FACTION?!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

zepgodiria
WEDNESDAY APPAREL!

ballz

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Reply #22 - 02/18/09 at 7:20pm

Dude.  He's lost to WoW.  We won't see him for a few years like he said.  That's what it does.

zepgodiria zepgodiria  
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #23 - 02/19/09 at 10:31am

That'll happen.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

john
ROCKET CAR!

I Love games !!

Henderson, North Carolina, USA
Reply #24 - 02/19/09 at 6:12pm

Don't worry. He'll get bored in a few months and he'll be back ! ShitColoredGrin ShitColoredGrin ShitColoredGrin ShitColoredGlasses

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #25 - 02/19/09 at 8:01pm

Months, years, it's all the same.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #26 - 02/20/09 at 12:42am

Nah, I couldn't leave the old scratcy forum for too long.

Biff wrote on 02/17/09 at 10:57pm:
Well give us some details, foo!  What server?  Name?  Class?  FACTION?!

umm name: Fallensavior (sorry fallensavior from OSHF I forgot where I heard that, but thought it sounded cool so used it then remembered where I had heard it) class: paladin other stuff don't know I just clickthe button and it goes  Huh

Hey boys one of my mates is giving me cheap a sealed copy of the second quest pack (the bluey one), I might get the first one (they greeny one). Do you think it's better to install them as soon as I ahve them or wait until I've leveled up and finished a bit more of the base game, or doesn't it matter?

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #27 - 02/20/09 at 1:03am

You can't play the second expansion unless you have the first one installed.

There's really no reason at all NOT to install either expansion.  The first expansion lets you get up to level 70 and allows you to play a Draenei on Alliance and a Blood Elf (GAY) on Horde.  Draenei can be Shaman and Blood Elf can be Paladin.

The second expansion allows you to get to level 80 and play a Death Knight, once you reach level 55 with any character.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #28 - 02/23/09 at 5:13am

Hey guys, is there a way to tell what expansion packs are installed?

I went to install burning crusade, but it's saying it is already installed. When I first loaded the main game it downloaded a couple of massive patches (both over 2gig each) plus a few dozen smaller patches.

When I log in it is from a Wrath of the Lich King screen version 3.0.9 feb 3 2009. Is that normal if you jsut have the main game installed without the expansion packs?

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #29 - 02/23/09 at 5:23am

No it can't be installed already I checked to see if I could play as the new races in BC but couldn't. If I click play it takes me to the login screen. The other option is to uninstall and I don't want to do that and have to download those massive files again and loose my charachter, or is my character stored somewhere other than my system?

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #30 - 02/23/09 at 5:35am

Ok i've sussed it out. Those big patches that auto downloaded when I first installed are the expansion packs. (they were actually over 4 gig each now I think of it). All I need to do is upgrade my account now and I'm set to go with the expansion packs. The online help section is very good once you learn your way around it.

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Reply #31 - 02/23/09 at 8:40am

Yeah, they have a pretty easy interface on the website.  And yes, your character is stored on their servers.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #32 - 02/23/09 at 10:59am

Okay what may have happened is you have the game installed, but your ACCOUNT isn't upgraded to Burning Crusade.

Log into your account at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com and look for a link to upgrade to Burning Crusade.  There you should be able to put in your BC Serial Code.  Don't click any option that asks you to pay for the game, since you already own it.

Question: what does your login screen look like?  Is it a portal or is it the snowy one with the skeleton dragon?

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #33 - 02/24/09 at 3:41am

Yeah thats exactly what I need to do scratch. The help pages on the WOW site said that once I actually took time to look. I'll wait until my mate from work brings in the Wrath of Lich King and I'll do them both.

Login screen is the snowy skeleton dragon.

Joined my first group tonight (except for Hogger I did that with some dude last week), heaps of fun when theres a few of you hey. Mostly I've been working my way through on my own, but it's definately harder that way I guess.

Tuesday night server maintainance sucks. It's from 9.30 pm here in adelaide. Thats prime gaming time.

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #34 - 02/24/09 at 9:53am

Yeah that must blow.

You can definitely go through the game to the level cap all by yourself, but the best gear is to be had when doing group quests and dungeons.  Grouping is a lot of fun, if you're the right type of person for it.  Me, I'm anti-social, so I avoid people like the plague.  But once I got some other people I know in real life playing, it was fun to group up with them and do shit.

That shit's funny, grouping up for Hogger!  Haha, that dude's a dick.  I bet you tried to take him on 1 on 1 first, huh?

Once you hit Westfall, do the entire Defias Brotherhood quest line (starts at Sentinel Hill).  This will get you a good quest to do in the Deadmines.

Not sure if you're familiar with dungeons (most people call them instances) like the Deadmines, but you'll NEED 5 people to do it.  One Tank, one Healer, and 3 DPS (Which I'm guessing you are).  All of the mobs in there will be Elite (think like everyone's a Hogger).  Most of the gear that drops is Greens, and the bosses will drop Blues (there's a pretty dope 2 hand hammer on the first boss you might like).

Anyway yeah, my first time through Deadmines was a blast.  You'll enjoy it too.  And, it's actually my favorite dungeon in the entire game.  If you actually follow the story with all the Defias Brotherhood quests, you'll enjoy it a lot more.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #35 - 02/25/09 at 1:11am

I'm a bit anti-social too. I like doing stuff on my own. I'd rather get a few of my mates into it for group dungeons rather than meeting up with dudes I don't know. Might try and talk my brother into it. Theres no way you can't love wow if your a gamer which he is.

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #36 - 02/25/09 at 10:00am

Yeah the downside is dealing with retards.  The upside is getting dope gear.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Reply #37 - 03/03/09 at 4:00am

Been a couple of weeks now. Up to level 26. Just starting to use the auction house. Gotta try and get me some gold for a horse at level 30.

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #38 - 03/03/09 at 9:49am

Snap that's right, they're at level 30 now.  A few months ago you had to wait til 40.

My best advice, don't buy anything.  Maybe start looking into getting some mods.  When starting a new character, I NEVER buy anything from the stores or auction house.  Save all your money, only use it for repairs.  There might be some cool looking gear you want to buy, but you'll end up replacing it, so it does end up being a waste of money.  Only buy stuff when you're rolling in dough.

I forget which mod does it, but there's one that tells you how much things vendor for in the tooltips.  This is useful when picking out quest rewards that you can't use any of...  for instance, if someone wants you to pick from some wands and a robe, you don't need any of that shit, so you just pick the one that will sell to the vendors for the most cash.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #39 - 03/03/09 at 9:53am

Try this:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info7035-SellFish.html

It basically does what I said above.  When you roll over an item, it'll tell you how much it sells for.

Also, have you taken any tradeskills yet, like mining and skinning?

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Send Topic Print