Send Topic Print
The Beastmaster (Read 24937 times)
Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Re: The Beastmaster
Reply #40 - 01/13/09 at 2:42pm

Here you go.  I don't have the actual font yet for the Companion part, but I can change that if I do get the font.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #41 - 01/13/09 at 11:22pm

Nice work Biff.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #42 - 01/14/09 at 12:50am

It's what I do.  Break shit away from the background, and fill in shit that was never there.  Smiley  I should really charge more than $30/hour for the professional work I do.  Smiley

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Bouncing Orbs
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Chainmail wearing fox!!!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reply #43 - 01/14/09 at 1:35am

Biff wrote on 01/14/09 at 12:50am:
It's what I do.  Break shit away from the background, and fill in shit that was never there.  Smiley  I should really charge more than $30/hour for the professional work I do.  Smiley

I wondered how the fuck you so easily removed that planet like it was never there. This explains it Smiley

Bouncing to the left and Bouncing to the right,
Orbs the size to fill your eyes,
Jiggling and Juggling all night,
Your eyes will mesmerize.

IP Logged

fallensaviour
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!
DRILL BLING

winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reply #44 - 01/14/09 at 2:25am

Holy Shit you did it!!!
I am most impressed that is freakin Awesome!!!
You are the master and I am but a pathetic student O'GREAT ONE....

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #45 - 01/14/09 at 2:37am

Well if you wanna know how easily it was done...

Step one was create a new layer below the original and copy the background sky without the planet (right-most part of the image, to the right of the giraffe) over and over and over many times to cover the area behind the elephant.  Then a bit more from the right of the giraffe's head over to the left again to fill up those spots.  Then, go around with an eraser that has it's opacity and size set to scale by stylus pressure, and erase anywhere that had the planet.  This gets rid of the planet and shows the bottom layer, which is copied atmosphere from the original image.  Once that's done I have a bunch of animals cut out from their  background over an obviously copied background (I'm working with about a quarter inch worth of background sky, so you can tell there's a pattern).  I grab my Smudge Tool, make a large brush, push a few pixels around and once again it looks natural.

There were plenty of parts that I didn't have copied background material for, those were simply airbrushed in.  

As far as filling in the foliage at the top; that part was fun.  I just used the Stamp tool to clone various parts of the foliage we already had on top, and used sparse enough samples to hide the fact that I had little to work with.  Just keep sampling from other parts and no one can ever tell you used the Stamp to fill in dead space.  Smiley  

It was a nice challenge.  I've had to do worse though.  I had a picture of this couple with a couple of kids next to them.  The company decided that the two adults were too close together, and wanted them about an inch apart (this was made for print on a 8x12" book (I think) so you can imagine how much dead space there is there that I gotta recreate.

I have to create, from nothing, a whole bunch of this woman's shirt, and of course, it's got just about a corduroy texture to it, so I gotta sample all sorts of parts just to get the made-up pieces to look right.

So finally I have it done, and they come back to me and say that "dad" needs to have less crater-face (real bad acne scars) AND A SHAVE.

I don't think I have to go into details on that one but JESUS HELP ME.  It's times like these where I WELCOME masking curly hair.

Grin

Anyway sorry for the rant but yeah, I do plenty photoshopping professionally so if you guys need tips or just have some shit done, I got it.

Smiley

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #46 - 01/14/09 at 2:41am

fallensaviour wrote on 01/14/09 at 2:25am:
Holy Shit you did it!!!
I am most impressed that is freakin Awesome!!!
You are the master and I am but a pathetic student O'GREAT ONE....

Haha no need for all that...  I'm just here to help.  If you guys ever need tips on this kinda shit just ask...  or if you just want this kinda shit done I'll find time in my "busy" (read: lazy) schedule and I'll hit it up for ya.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Bouncing Orbs
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Chainmail wearing fox!!!

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reply #47 - 01/14/09 at 3:21am

Biff wrote on 01/14/09 at 2:37am:

........AND A SHAVE.

Grin Grin Grin

Biff wrote on 01/14/09 at 2:37am:
..............so if you guys need tips or just have some shit done, I got it.

That's a generous offer, much appreciated Smiley

Bouncing to the left and Bouncing to the right,
Orbs the size to fill your eyes,
Jiggling and Juggling all night,
Your eyes will mesmerize.

IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #48 - 01/14/09 at 11:53am

Quote:
Haha no need for all that...  I'm just here to help.  If you guys ever need tips on this kinda shit just ask...  or if you just want this kinda shit done I'll find time in my "busy" (read: lazy) schedule and I'll hit it up for ya.

You know what I don't care what the rest of these guys say.You know all that bad stuff they say about you.
deep down you are a very talented artist and all around generous dude...  Grin

I appreciate what you did very much it was way beyond my ability.

Now that I have the card backs I can really start to plot out some animal stats.My son is going to go nuts over this when we play our next game.He always wanted some cards for his beastmaster like the elf you know...LOL
Man I was thinking this was a near impossible task to complete but thanks to all the people on these boards that helped out,you have made the impossible possible and enhanced a little boys gaming fun!!!
That my friends is what HQ is all about.
Now I will have to get a few more animal minis...

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #49 - 01/14/09 at 12:11pm

No problem dude.  It feels good to be back in the community and helping out again after being away for so long.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #50 - 01/16/09 at 6:53pm

Okay so biff has fixed the card backer for the beastmaster companion cards now here is a couple of cards I have cobbled together.Similar to monster cards.
stats for ferret,eagle and tiger provided by Sheradze.I plan on stating up most of the animals on the back of the companion card plus a few surprises...

IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Reply #51 - 01/16/09 at 7:48pm

Wow... it's coming along rather nicely.

If I may make a suggestion, I don't think the Wolf should be as strong as the Tiger.  Tigers are much larger and stronger animals, for one, but they both have the same stats and the Wolf's ability supercedes the Tiger's.  At the current stats, I'd have no reason to pick the tiger over the wolf except for aesthetic reasons.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #52 - 01/16/09 at 7:55pm

Wolf wrote on 01/16/09 at 7:48pm:
Wow... it's coming along rather nicely.

If I may make a suggestion, I don't think the Wolf should be as strong as the Tiger.  Tigers are much larger and stronger animals, for one, but they both have the same stats and the Wolf's ability supercedes the Tiger's.  At the current stats, I'd have no reason to pick the tiger over the wolf except for aesthetic reasons.

Crap my mistake the wolf is supposed to have a 3 attack I'll fix that later thank for the good eye!!!

IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #53 - 01/16/09 at 8:13pm

Okay I fixed it..Thanks Wolf.  Grin

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #54 - 01/16/09 at 9:09pm

You should make it so the wolf can resurrect dead heroes but only if they been dead for four years.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Mortimer
ROCKET CAR!

The one, the only, Stephen
Baker

New Zealand, New Zealand
Reply #55 - 01/17/09 at 12:12am

Biff wrote on 01/16/09 at 9:09pm:
You should make it so the wolf can resurrect dead heroes but only if they been dead for four years.

.... what?

http://www.freewebs.com/mortimerkhan/index.htm go here for all your monsterous needs ... well most of your monsterous needs!
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #56 - 01/17/09 at 9:17am

Mortimer: He is making a reference to Wolf commenting on posts from four years ago.

IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Reply #57 - 01/17/09 at 2:28pm

Biff wrote on 01/16/09 at 9:09pm:

Dick.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #58 - 01/17/09 at 2:42pm

Sucker.  Grin

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #59 - 01/17/09 at 2:44pm

Actually, incidentally, we just dug out our HeroQuest stuff from storage, and lo and behold, we pretty much have EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER SHEET we ever used.  Big ass stack of characters.  It's ridiculous.  And some of them were dead so Wolf could resurrect them.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print