Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
MBBL2 PBeM league (Read 5586 times)
Titan
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

MBBL2 PBeM league
03/04/08 at 7:07am

Hold on a minute just have to blow away the dust and cobwebs, right Smiley .
Hey all i'm coach Titan from the MBBL2 PBeM Blood-Bowl league, my league is having a bit of a recruiting drive at the moment so i thought i'd put a little post in here to see if anyone is interested in giving it a go.

Its a PBeM thats Play-by-email league which uses this excellent tool http://www.pbembb.com/ . In PBeM you only play one or two gameturns per day but its very good fun .
Our league uses the LRB4 rules, its main attraction is its 89 different team types and additional houserules including on-pitchspellcasters, bionics, allies, personal apoths etc.

So if your interested in some blood-bowl madness check out the site http://www.blood-bowl.net/MBBL2/ and i'm sure any questions you might have can answered in the forum.

Right, my work here is done, time to get back to my dugout Smiley .

IP Logged

Naked Ninja
ROCKET CAR!

M.I.A.

Adelaide, Australia, South Australia, Australia
Re: MBBL2 PBeM league
Reply #1 - 03/04/08 at 11:34pm

Wow. A Blood Bowl post. Didn't see that comming.

NN

Naked Ninja  
IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Manchester, Great Britain, europe, 171, 209, United Kingdom
Reply #2 - 03/05/08 at 3:02am

Naked Ninja wrote on 03/04/08 at 11:34pm:
Didn't see that comming.

That's why you fumbled your Catch! Tell me you can block!

IP Logged

acoriano3
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Anyone else wanna Bust
the BCS?

Reply #3 - 03/05/08 at 9:37am

spoken like a true non-American football player, Slev. Well done! Catches can't be fumbled, only dropped. A fumble can only occur once someone has possession...so if the pass was "dropped" then they never had possession in the first place.

Too bad NFL Europa just went kaputt...that was your last chance to watch football and pick up on some of the rules.

Everyday of our lives we are faced with situations that test the very mettle of our soul; it's in such moments that we discover how much MP we have, how resistant we are to the forces of CHAOS!

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #4 - 03/05/08 at 10:02am

1 automatically fails on an Agility roll needed to catch the ball - i.e. a fumble
Tongue

IP Logged

acoriano3
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Anyone else wanna Bust
the BCS?

Reply #5 - 03/05/08 at 12:14pm

well, here's the problem--if you "fail" to catch the ball, then it's called an "incomplete pass", which means the ball is dead. A fumble means the ball was in possession, but that it somehow came loose and whoever picks it up/falls on it is now on offense. Therefore, if an agility roll of 1 means that the receiver DIDN'T catch the ball then it's an "incomplete pass", not a fumble.

I'm impressed, though. Most Brits don't know the first thing about the sport. Did you have a Blood Bowl team once upon a time?

Everyday of our lives we are faced with situations that test the very mettle of our soul; it's in such moments that we discover how much MP we have, how resistant we are to the forces of CHAOS!

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #6 - 03/05/08 at 12:29pm

Indeed, I have a Chaos team somewhere around here. I still need to paint my marching band (counts as Cheerleaders).

I played American Football once. It was like a slow and safe version of Rugby. Why they need such silly padding to play it I'll never know...

IP Logged

Jason
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

Don't mind this phrase;
the signature is better.

Reply #7 - 03/09/08 at 10:02pm

You're preaching to the quire, Slev.  I remember back in my teenage years, my friends around the neighborhood and I used to only need a football and a field to play in - that of which was always available.  I miss those days.  There's no better feeling than clobbering the crap out of one of your friends and neither one of you have a reason to be mad at each other.

When you don't like your job, you don't quit, you don't go on strike. You go in there EVERY DAY and do it really HALF ASS!&&- Homer Simpson
IP Logged

Tianna Starfall
ROCKET CAR!

Token Sandwich Maker

United Kingdom, europe, 176, 230, United Kingdom
Reply #8 - 12/14/08 at 6:31am

the testosterone in this section is way too high for me!  Wink

Winner of the Double Quote Award!
CFS sucks! But EVERYONES miniatures are finally getting painted Smiley
http://www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
WWW Tianna Starfall tiannastarfall  
IP Logged

Titan
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - 06/17/10 at 2:49am

Despite the fact the our league is owned by Galak aka Tom Anders a major factor in creating the new LRB's, despite that gamesworkshop made him give up the bloodbowl.net address.
So we're now at http://www.midgardbb.com/MBBL2/ .
Our league now has 89 races!!!!!. Anyone interested in playing in the worlds most variety packed bloodbowl league check it out.
Extra help can be found in my personal bit of webspace http://www.titan.my-php.net .

Pbem of course doesn't take up too much time so its in no way mutually exclusive with tabletop leagues or the computer game.

As an example of the variety of the league my next season i'll be playing as Halflings, Weefolk, NightGoblins and an AlbionRugbyTeam, good times ShitColoredGrin .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print