Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/20/19 at 6:58pm
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
About colored HQ-dice (Read 44576 times)
Mohawk
I AM NOT HERBERT!

The Dollar $ign of DOOM!!

Top Floor of the Mohawk Mall, Rhode Island, USA
Re: About colored HQ-dice
Reply #40 - 06/18/08 at 10:06am

About the black dice: in the initial description Flint said "4 skulls, 2 white shields", but Slev's dice show 4 skulls and 1 of each shield. Who is right?

These things look awesome -- however, I am not rich, so I'm going to have to make some through the imprecise art of attaching stickers to 36 of my spare dice. 8)

They don't call me "Count" Mohawk just 'cause I tell 'em to!

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Manchester, Great Britain, europe, 171, 209, United Kingdom
Reply #41 - 06/18/08 at 10:13am

I know mine are four+one+one, I think the design may have been changed over time.

IP Logged

Flint
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Flint Eisenbart

Germany,  Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Reply #42 - 06/18/08 at 11:31pm

And so it is. The design has changed. The former black die was unusable for the "weevil wicked".

WWW 238714969  
IP Logged

magokiron
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reply #43 - 08/21/09 at 12:06am

Hi guys.

First post in this great HQ forum.

Sorry to bump this thread, as I'm not so fond in necromancy, but I wasn't here when this thread was running, so...

1. Are these dice engraved or just painted?

2. Are they still available?

3. If so, how much do they cost (+ S&H to America)?

4. Who do I have to write asking for them?

5. Do the seller accept paypal?

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes.

My sword is bigger than yours. (I roll 1 extra CD)

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #44 - 08/21/09 at 12:33am

Welcome, sir, and feel free to resurrect any threads around here.  We're here to help the community and I don't think we've ever replied to a post with "SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE YOU POST, NERB!"

Unfortunately I can't personally offer you any info on these dice, really.  I think it's been a while since Flint has posted, but you can send him a private message about it, or maybe someone here can pass the word that someone's interested.

At any rate, welcome to the boards!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Dirk
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Wien, Austria, europe, 301, 29, Wien, Austria
Reply #45 - 08/21/09 at 1:59am

magokiron wrote on 08/21/09 at 12:06am:
Hi guys.

First post in this great HQ forum.

Sorry to bump this thread, as I'm not so fond in necromancy, but I wasn't here when this thread was running, so...

1. Are these dice engraved or just painted?

2. Are they still available?

3. If so, how much do they cost (+ S&H to America)?

4. Who do I have to write asking for them?

5. Do the seller accept paypal?

Thanks a lot.

Best wishes.

Hi,

I ordered some last week and received them yesterday.  I'll answer the questions as best as I can.

1. They are engraved
2. Yes, except for the red ones (which are merely red version of the normal combat dice).
3. A set of 6 dice of one color costs 8.20 EUR.  Don't know about shipping to America
4. http://www.shopping-guru.de/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=94_98 is the shop
5. I think so, but you should ask him Smiley

Dirk

We don't do no easy listening.

IP Logged

Dirk
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Wien, Austria, europe, 301, 29, Wien, Austria
Reply #46 - 08/21/09 at 9:24am

Dirk wrote on 08/21/09 at 1:59am:
1. They are engraved

On closer inspection: I don't think they are engraved after all, but the symbols look more like the surface of a cd if you know what I mean ...

We don't do no easy listening.

IP Logged

magokiron
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reply #47 - 08/21/09 at 10:36am

Thanks a lot guys.

Dirk, I'll check the link you provided right now to contact the seller.

Thanks again, and I'll hope to show you some of my HQ custom made modular board and painted minis ASAP (of course in their correct subforum areas).

Best wishes.

My sword is bigger than yours. (I roll 1 extra CD)

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Manchester, Great Britain, europe, 171, 209, United Kingdom
Reply #48 - 08/21/09 at 11:38am

I'll back up that they are NOT engraved, but the printing is excellent. Mine have seen heavy use and I've had no problems.

IP Logged

Russ
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Momma's little boy loves
wabbit wabbit...

Reply #49 - 08/24/09 at 4:43pm

Any word as to which colour are used for which beasties?

I've got all the sundry colours, just wondered if anyone had any advice on how best to employ them.

Momma's little boy loves wabbit pie....

IP Logged

Mohawk
I AM NOT HERBERT!

The Dollar $ign of DOOM!!

Top Floor of the Mohawk Mall, Rhode Island, USA
Reply #50 - 08/25/09 at 3:14pm

The first post had some good ideas on using these dice, but I'll repeat a few of them here. The important thing is to remember that you don't have to throw a monocolor hand of dice -- mixing and matching for different effects works just as well. For instance, you could take a Hero attacking with a Longsword (3 white dice), cast Courage on him (+2 dice, presumably black), and then have him drink a Potion of Strength (+2 more dice which could be either black or purple).

As far as Blue dice go, since they have 2 walruses on them (yes, I refer to the black shields as 'walruses'), I like to give them to boss monsters and spellcasters so they have a better chance of living through several Heroic attacks on the off chance they don't have a nearby mob of monsters to run interference.

Green dice can be used either to diminish attack power since they only have 2 skulls, or to augment a Hero's defense, such as by application of +Def Artefacts or the consumption of Potions of Defense. If you're a fan of incremental Rust (as opposed to the all-or-nothing variety found in the hands of many Chaos Sorcerors and that one Fimir from Kellar's Keep), your Heroes will probably be rolling these in their attack rolls with some frequency.

Black dice should be thrown when you're attacking. (Although since they only have one white shield, you can defend with them too if your armor gets damaged or magically disenchanted...) With their 4 skulls, you have much better odds of dealing damage.

Purple dice present an unusual alternative to black or green dice. If you want to gamble on getting a few of the double skulls or shields, go right ahead. Otherwise, they are no better than their green and black counterparts. Personally, I have yet to throw one.

And then there's the orange dice. You should expect some solid throws on these, since there are a lot of doubled faces. The final boss monster of an entire Quest Pack should get to roll these, but I wouldn't give these as handouts to much else.

This is probably all self-intuitive, but since you did ask..., I answered.

They don't call me "Count" Mohawk just 'cause I tell 'em to!

IP Logged

Russ
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Momma's little boy loves
wabbit wabbit...

Reply #51 - 08/26/09 at 3:38pm

Thanks for that.  V.useful.  Have cut and pasted to my Heroquest file.  Will go back now and check the first post.  Yeh, I thought multicoloured rolls was probably the way to go -- with some Champion monsters, etc., getting a better spread of dice to improve their odds of causing damage.

There's some proper oddball dice coming out with WFRP 3rd Edition.  All online over at Youtube if you want to take a look.  Plenty of props to scavenge and press into service with the mighty HEROQUEST too.  Fantasy Flight stuff/chits are damn useful IMHO.  

Damn -- HQ is the donkey's clonkeys.  There's just so much tweaking you can do.  My 'ventures are incorporating just about everything these days -- HEROSCAPE terrain, MAGEKNIGHT props, D&D tiles, Gamemastery tiles and cards, etc., anything that gives the players a bit of wow factor.

Momma's little boy loves wabbit pie....

IP Logged

Flint
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Flint Eisenbart

Germany,  Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Reply #52 - 09/17/09 at 12:18am

Hi, yes the dice are still available and no, Jack does not have Paypal. Unfortunately. Since shipping to USA is rather expensive, I suggest a couple of guys ordering together, like we here in Germany do with the bog raiders. If so, I would offer to use my paypal account. Remember that I have nothing to do with this business, its just a favour that I offer to the US cumunity.

WWW 238714969  
IP Logged

Ryno
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Lunch is a sexy man-meal!!

San Jose, CA - USA, California, USA
Reply #53 - 07/13/10 at 6:21pm

Wow these dice and buffs and debuffs they can create are so inspiring, unfortunately it seems you can only get them in one place.

Flint, would you be willing to do me the favor of playing middle man so I can get some of these awesome dice?

I MIGHT BE HERBERT

IP Logged

HeroQuestFrance
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #54 - 07/23/10 at 1:52pm

Those dices are good but not fair.
Attack dices ok depeding of the weapon (or level of the character) but other dices... I don't see the use very well except for the defence.

It looks like D&D hasbro (2003) ones are better. Ok no defence on this game but a better combat system with less bad luck...

IP Logged

Heroquestelf
ROCKET CAR!
A MAGENTA PUPPY!!!

Die Hard Fan

spartangburg, sc, South Carolina, USA
Reply #55 - 07/23/10 at 3:19pm

Personally, I like the mulit-faced dice. However, I would enforce the rule that whatever dice you attack with, then those are the dice you defend with.

However, I would modify some of the artifacts to allow you to switch dice.

IP Logged

Ryno
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #56 - 07/23/10 at 5:44pm

It looks like I will be GMing 7-9 player games so I think these dice will help make the monsters last longer, be more of a challenge for the heroes.

I MIGHT BE HERBERT

IP Logged

john
ROCKET CAR!

I Love games !!

Henderson, North Carolina, USA
Reply #57 - 07/23/10 at 7:34pm

Ryno wrote Quote:
It looks like I will be GMing 7-9 player games so I think these dice will help make the monsters last longer, be more of a challenge for the heroes.

Talk about breaking my heart - 7-9 players - you lucky dweeb ! My group is down to 6 and we play every 3 months if we're lucky ! ShitColoredGrin ShitColoredGrin ShitColoredGrin ShitColoredGlasses

IP Logged

Ryno
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #58 - 07/23/10 at 11:41pm

Haha, ya it's weird, with my crew, at least currently, whether we are going out for food, drinks, get together for games, there are too many people. Most of them raid in wow most nights, but that's not my thing. HQ on a  every couple - few weeks sounds pretty awesome. They have been trying to do D&D nights but the campaigns are too long and with the amount of players it takes them all damn night just to get through a couple battles.

I MIGHT BE HERBERT

IP Logged

Heroquestelf
ROCKET CAR!
A MAGENTA PUPPY!!!

Die Hard Fan

spartangburg, sc, South Carolina, USA
Reply #59 - 07/24/10 at 3:06am

6 is my limit for any RPG, be that Dungeons & Dragons or HeroQuest. Above that and it just starts getting cluttered.

I usually find my groove at five.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print