Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/20/19 at 7:48pm
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
About colored HQ-dice (Read 44581 times)
Flint
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Flint Eisenbart

Germany,  Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Re: About colored HQ-dice
Reply #20 - 12/21/07 at 9:23am

If you plan to actually MAKE dice over there, I am gonna send you guys high-quality *.eps grafics of the HQ-dice symbols. Do NOT scan any dice and give them *jpg or even worse shit.

WWW 238714969  
IP Logged

acoriano3
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Anyone else wanna Bust
the BCS?

Reply #21 - 12/21/07 at 9:29am

Yeah, I'm not sure which would be more cost effective. Flint, how much is your buddy selling them for and how much would it cost for ya'll to ship it to the good ol' US of A?

Otherwise, a high-quality graphic would be MUCHLY appreciated.

Everyday of our lives we are faced with situations that test the very mettle of our soul; it's in such moments that we discover how much MP we have, how resistant we are to the forces of CHAOS!

IP Logged

Flint
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Flint Eisenbart

Reply #22 - 12/21/07 at 9:56am

EURO 8.20 for 6 Dices plus p&p. Thats not the problem. Problem is the bank transfer. That costs you more than the whole lot WITH p&p. Mayby you want to put a few dollar bills into an envelope  Grin. That would work allright.

WWW 238714969  
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #23 - 12/21/07 at 11:29am

Sending cash though the mail is never a good idea ...

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Manchester, Great Britain, europe, 171, 209, United Kingdom
Reply #24 - 12/21/07 at 12:36pm

I know that Q-workshop do some custome dice, but not as a matter of course.

If you are going to send international funds other than via bank transfer, you should be able to buy an international money order. It's somewhat like a postal order, but in a different currency.

IP Logged

acoriano3
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Anyone else wanna Bust
the BCS?

Reply #25 - 12/21/07 at 2:29pm

As of right now, 8.20 Euro is equivalent to 11.80 US$---Flint, that's a lot of money for 6 dice?!?!? Seems like we could do it with that one Chessex company I found on the web for $1/die AND shipping would obviously be cheaper within the US than from overseas....looks like I'll be trying to make my own colored dice... Tongue

Everyday of our lives we are faced with situations that test the very mettle of our soul; it's in such moments that we discover how much MP we have, how resistant we are to the forces of CHAOS!

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #26 - 12/21/07 at 8:04pm

Yet again, the americans being screwed by their currency being down the toilet Wink

IP Logged

Phoenix
ROCKET CAR!

"Bringing new life, to
a classic game."

TC, IN, USA, Indiana, USA
Reply #27 - 12/21/07 at 9:19pm

Q-workshop is self-proclaimed the original custom dice company.  The charge like $30/ d6, so it's totally not worth it.  Just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in

IP Logged

Jason
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

Don't mind this phrase;
the signature is better.

Reply #28 - 12/22/07 at 11:43am

Thanks for researching that for us.
I have a question about that pricing, though.  It says $_.__ per side, so that means if, for example, I order 25 dice, I would pay $150, right?

When you don't like your job, you don't quit, you don't go on strike. You go in there EVERY DAY and do it really HALF ASS!&&- Homer Simpson
IP Logged

acoriano3
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Anyone else wanna Bust
the BCS?

Reply #29 - 12/22/07 at 12:55pm

.....yeah, I'm an idiot. I was all giddy about those prices....I totally misread "per side" as "per dice"......hmmm, maybe Flint's dice ARE the way to go......or maybe I'll just have to fore go custom dice and have certain monsters "defend with white shields" as Flint instructed.

But those colored dice are FREAKIN AWESOME!!! Angry   Sad

IP Logged

dungeonlair
I AM NOT HERBERT!

West Jordan, USA, UT, Utah, Utah, USA
Reply #30 - 12/30/07 at 7:52pm

acoriano3 wrote on 12/21/07 at 9:11am:
I've been hunting around for custom dice makers and here's what I've found--

Thanks for your research; I think I will look into some custom dice of my own.

Robert&&dungeonlair@gmail.com&&www.dungeonlair.com&&&&"Dungeon Lair is the creator of detailed miniature gaming environments."
IP Logged

Vicenzo
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Don't Knock It 'til you've
pulled its panties down

Syracuse, USA, usa, 478, 87, NY, New York, New York, USA
Reply #31 - 01/16/08 at 10:48pm

Just thought I'd put this one out there...

I live in the US and am a calligrapher by trade (yes, my real job) and have been designing logos and hand-rendered graphics for 12 years. A local hobby store sells blank d6's in a bundle of 12 for $8.00, 3 of each primary color: blue, red, yellow, green. They also have white, black and an off-colored ivory, but are all sold individually for $1 each.

Anyway, I have been known to make my own dice for HQ and other games I have played, although usually with d12s. We never used cards for treasure or random encounters. Instead, I created "Treasure Dice" and "Monster Dice" with the same odds rounded down for treasure that you would find in the cards from the original HQ game system.

I could be cohearsed into making some for anyone who wants them, or combat dice in different colors as Flint uses. The only difference would be that my graphics would be hand-drawn and clear-coated over the dice, which are plastic in feel and (unfortunately) not rounded. My brother in law does however make wooden cubes for mosaic work and he has made me a handful of 16mm rounded edge wooden cubes, so they CAN be made, but they're not of the exact same quality, although we do spray paint them in an off-color white and let 'em dry before I go to work on 'em. (If you have doubts as to the quality, I use permanent .005 size nib pens (hair-breadth) and design wedding invitations by hand)

For my own personal use, I have combat dice in two divisions: attack and defense.

Attack dice have a single sword (skull equivalent) on two sides, a single arrow on two sides (skull equivalent for ranged weapon, or a miss for handheld), a pair of swords on one side (equivalent to one skull and an additional bonus die roll for pulling off a fast attack) and finally a starburst for a mighty blow (rolling at least one of these causes all other "skulls" rolled to deal double damage (minimum 1 if no other skulls rolled) -- A mighty blow is not allowed unless the hero has a minimum of 3 combat dice to attack and has at least half of his maximum BP left.

Defend Dice are broken up into a shield, a helmet, armor, a pair of boots, a starburst, and a pair of crossed swords: The dice block only if the rolling hero/monster actually HAS the armor type rolled. The boots indicates a dodge roll, where the defending figure is able to avoid all damage dealt against him from that attack when he rolls a single red die to move to any nearby open square, forfeitting his movement phase on the following turn. The starburst indicates an unblocked blow. And the crossed swords indicates a parry (which works only when a figure is equipped with a handheld weapon) -- Non-metal weapons used to parry break on impact.

They're probably a little more complicated than even I wanted, but it broke up the monotony alot and allowed for some flexibility with both heroes and monsters. Since monsters usually only defended with a black shield traditionally, most monsters only blocked with the "shield" side of the defend die.

Blah Blah Blah. Anyway, I can make 'em if anybody wants em. IM me if you're interested.
--V

Up, Up, Down, Down, <, >, <, >, B, A, Select, Start. -- Know Your Roots.
IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #32 - 01/17/08 at 1:28am

Nice generall idea man. I think this would be more ballenced:

Attack Dice:
3 crossed-swords: Melee damage
2 Arrows: Ranged damage
1 Fist: Unarmed damage
Anything rolled for the attack type you are not making has no effect.

Defend Dice:
Two Armour Symbols
One Helm
One White Shiled
One Black Shield
One blank side

Monsters defend on black shields as per usual.
Heroes defend on whatever armour types they have, with the Helmet & Shield no longer granting bonus dice as standard. This allows higher level armours for Helmet & shield which also add a die in defence.

IP Logged

Vicenzo
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Don't Knock It 'til you've
pulled its panties down

Syracuse, USA, usa, 478, 87, NY, New York, New York, USA
Reply #33 - 01/17/08 at 8:54am

Actually that DOES balance it out alot better. I can modify our "critical" options to include other die faces, such as the one you recommended.

Up, Up, Down, Down, <, >, <, >, B, A, Select, Start. -- Know Your Roots.
IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #34 - 01/17/08 at 9:08am

If you're doing it that way, try:

Great-Helm
400GC
Count Helm results when defending.
+1 Combat Dice in Defence.

Kite Shield
350GC
Count shield results when defending.
+1 Combat Dice in Defence.

IP Logged

Flint
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Flint Eisenbart

Reply #35 - 05/28/08 at 1:25am

There are new dice available, purple ones and orange ones.

I edited the first post in this thread with a full description.

WWW 238714969  
IP Logged

Flint
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

Flint Eisenbart

Reply #36 - 05/28/08 at 1:48am

Slev postet in the other thread:

Quote:
My dice arrived today. (thx flint!)

They are really really cool. Nice & crisp. Definitely worth the money.

Thanks, dude, I hope you enjoy it  Grin

WWW 238714969  
IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #37 - 05/28/08 at 10:07am

The colours are off in the  photo of the purple dice, they look much nicer up close.

IP Logged

Slev
ROCKET CAR!

Morcar has returned...

Reply #38 - 05/28/08 at 10:21am

Here's an image of all the dice, lined-up to show the distribution of each colour:

IP Logged

john
ROCKET CAR!

I Love games !!

Henderson, North Carolina, USA
Reply #39 - 05/28/08 at 8:48pm

I would assign colors to various heroes and villians with that variety of dice. I reaaly like the orange and purple combinations. I like the black dice for heavy duty bad guys. Grin Grin Grin 8)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print