Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/22/19 at 2:28am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
New Creature Card Vampire (Read 10564 times)
Arcade floret bobongo muwanga
ROCKET CAR!

West Midlands UK, United Kingd, United Kingdom
New Creature Card Vampire
09/21/07 at 4:58pm

Hi folks, here for your approval I humbly submit my design for Vampires in HQ  Smiley

I also intend to introduce a rule of "Vampiric Regeneration" as soon as i get a chance to playtest il let you know how it goes  Wink

Legolasbaker has stated: the original European series of Hero Quest, has reached the apex of playability for a board game."

IP Logged

Glaurung
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Re: New Creature Card Vampire
Reply #1 - 09/22/07 at 12:00pm

I've actually written a whole quest pack around vampires using a variety of miniatures and a bastardised version of the Warhammer canon. However, I don't think I'll post anything until it's been play tested. Shall have news in about a month or so.

IP Logged

ROCKET CAR!

Reply #2 - 09/24/07 at 6:37am

Looking forward to your Quest pack Glaurung !

Are the stats anywhere near the ones i have used ?

Legolasbaker has stated: the original European series of Hero Quest, has reached the apex of playability for a board game."

IP Logged

Glaurung
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #3 - 09/24/07 at 8:27am

Give or take they're surprisingly similar, although I've used more types of vampires. Unwillingly to fork out money on GW minis, I'm just using ordinary HQ henchmen as Blood Dragons, and then upping their mortal stats.

One rule I have developed that might interest you is that I've reduced Holy Water to not instantly kill an undead monster but instead do one BP of damage automatically. This means US stat mummies don't die immediately, and nor do powerful vampires, but they still feel the sting, so to speak.

IP Logged

ROCKET CAR!

Reply #4 - 09/25/07 at 5:04am

Excellent rule modification !!  I had played with the idea of making Wooden Stake cards, that had to be used to destroy a vampires final body point, this could work for holy water aswell me thinks ? Nice cost saving tip BTW, I bought one of the mordheim vampires, two darkelf harpies and a VC Banshee. This should form the VIPs of a Necromantic campaign i have planned. I Post any progress.  Smiley

IP Logged

Glaurung
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #5 - 09/25/07 at 1:36pm

Arcade floret bobongo muwanga wrote on 09/25/07 at 5:04am:
Excellent rule modification !!  I had played with the idea of making Wooden Stake cards, that had to be used to destroy a vampires final body point, this could work for holy water aswell me thinks ? Nice cost saving tip BTW, I bought one of the mordheim vampires, two darkelf harpies and a VC Banshee. This should form the VIPs of a Necromantic campaign i have planned. I Post any progress.  Smiley

Actually, I've gone for the stake idea for the vampire lord character only, with essentially the same rules. Of course, the weapon is hidden in the quest, so you can easily face the main monster without having the means to kill him.

Keep us informed on what your planning.

IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/25/07 at 3:42pm

I really like the idea that the last body point of a vampire is only damaged a certian way.. like a stake or holy water...

So a room with three vampires and you only have two stakes... it's time to go a looking.  

You might need to have a couple of stakes in the random treasure deck.

IP Logged

Phoenix
ROCKET CAR!

"Bringing new life, to
a classic game."

TC, IN, USA, Indiana, USA
Reply #7 - 09/25/07 at 6:46pm

Well, you don't want a high-stakes game, so you?

IP Logged

ROCKET CAR!

Reply #8 - 09/26/07 at 7:03am

Phoenix wrote on 09/25/07 at 6:46pm:
Well, you don't want a high-stakes game, so you?

*Groan*

**Possible plot device** After clearing a room of monsters the heroes discover the criticaly injured body of a vampire hunter, he shows you the marks on his neck and explains the monsters you killed have been attacking him for hours unable to die he has been in agony and rejoices your intervention. Giving you 3 sharpened wooden stakes he begs for a release from his suffering. The hereos may decide weather to put him out of his misery or keep the stakes for later allowing the Vampire hunter to "Rise again" at the GM's discretion.

IP Logged

Glaurung
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #9 - 09/26/07 at 2:52pm

Oh, wait, I do have another vampire that has to be killed in a special way, and only in a Zelda-style puzzle solving manner.

However, I am not yet at liberty to divulge how, because I know Starfish, as one of my testees, is just waiting for me to slip up and give the game away...

IP Logged

starfish
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #10 - 09/29/07 at 6:52pm

Glaurung wrote on 09/26/07 at 2:52pm:
However, I am not yet at liberty to divulge how, because I know Starfish, as one of my testees, is just waiting for me to slip up and give the game away...

Drat, foiled again.  Wink

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #11 - 10/19/07 at 1:43pm

Glaurung wrote on 09/26/07 at 2:52pm:
because I know Starfish, as one of my testees

Who's your other testicle?

HEYO!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

starfish
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #12 - 10/21/07 at 6:47am

Biff wrote on 10/19/07 at 1:43pm:
Who's your other testicle?

HEYO!

That's so gross on so many levels

*shudder*

IP Logged

SgtHulka
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - 10/28/07 at 9:06pm

Just for comparison's sake, here's the Heroscape versions of vampires:

CYPRIAN ESENWEIN, Vampire Lord
Move 8 Attack 3 Defense 4 Body 6

Special Power 1 - Life Drain

Each time Cyprien Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Cyprien Esenwein cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

Special Power 2 - Chilling Touch

After moving and before attacking, Cyprien Esenwein may attempt a Chilling Touch. To do this, choose a figure adjacent to Cyprien Esenwein and roll the 20-sided die.

• If you roll 1-12, nothing happens.
• If you roll 13-15, the chosen figure receives 1 wound.
• If you roll 16-17, the chosen figure receives 2 wounds.
• If you roll 18-19, the chosen figure receives 3 wounds.
• If you roll a 20 or higher, the chosen figure receives 6 wounds.

Cyprien Esenwein’s Chilling Touch does not affect Soulborgs or destructible objects.

Special Power 3 - Stealth Flying

When counting spaces for Cyprien Esenwein’s movement, ignore elevations. Cyprien Esenwein may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Cyprien Esenwein starts to fly, if he is engaged he will not take any leaving engagement
attacks.

ISKRA ESENWEIN, Vampire Duchess
Move 6 Attack 3 Defense 3 Body 4

Each time Iskra Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound
marker from this Army Card. Iskra Esenwein cannot Life Drain
destructible objects.

Special Power 2 - Summon the Retchets of Bogdan*

After taking a turn with Iskra Esenwein, you may attempt to summon the Rechets of Bogdan if they are in your army and they have not yet been successfully summoned. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a
14 or higher, you must place all 3 Rechets of Bogdan on empty spaces within 6 clear sight spaces of Iskra Esenwein. Any Rechets of Bogdan that you cannot place on the battlefield are immediately destroyed and cannot be summoned again. When the Rechets of Bogdan are summoned, you may immediately take a turn with them.

Special Power 3 - Flying

When counting spaces for Iskra Esenwein’s movement, ignore elevations. Iskra Esenwein may fly over water without stopping, pass over figures without becoming engaged, and fly over obstacles such as ruins. When Iskra Esenwein starts to fly, if she is engaged she will take any leaving engagement attacks.

*Retchets of Bogdan (x3)
Move 6 Attack 3 Defense 3 Body 1

SONYA ESENWEIN, Vampiress
Move 6 Attack 3 Defense 3 Body 3

Each time Sonya Esenwein destroys a figure, you may remove a wound marker from this Army Card. Sonya Esenwein cannot Life Drain destructible objects.

Special Power 2 - Eternal Strength

Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for Cyprien Esenwein’s Chilling Touch, you may add 2 to your die roll.

Special Power 3 - Eternal Heartbreak

If you control Cyprien Esenwein and he is destroyed, Sonya Esenwein immediately receives 2 wounds.

IP Logged

ROCKET CAR!

Reply #14 - 10/29/07 at 12:40pm

Great Post. Definatley some good ideas in there. Is this something you have put together yourself ? or from a source book ?

IP Logged

SgtHulka
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #15 - 10/30/07 at 5:45am

No, I didn't make those up, Milton Bradley/Hasbro did. They're from the latest expansion "Fields of Valor" for the game Heroscape. They're probably too powerful for Heroquest -- killing a hero outright with a single chilling touch is too much, I'd say -- but I thought you might find it interesting to compare your vampires to Hasbro's.

IP Logged

darklestat79
I AM NOT HERBERT!

michagain, Michigan, USA
Reply #16 - 03/09/15 at 6:12am

I have found a few place on line where they talk about adding vampires to HQ. I like this idea and why not the elf quest pack kind a added werewolves. I have a few questions though and I'm hope Arcade floret bobongo muwanga, Glaurung  does't mind trying to answer them.

First is for Arcade floret bobongo muwanga. You had said when you posted the vampire monster card that you were going to introduce a rule for "Vampiric Regeneration". Did you ever get than done and could you post it just email me a copy of the rules you made. Also what Necromancer spells does your Vampire lord use and how many spells does he get to choose from.

My second set of questions is for Glaurung. You had said on this post that you have actually written a whole quest pack around vampires using a variety of miniatures and a bastardised version of the Warhammer canon. However, at the time you said that you didn't think you would post anything about it until it's been play tested. I get that was back in 07 but you said at that time that you should have news about a month or so after you post talking about it. Have you posted this pack anywhere? If not would you mind sending me a copy of it. or posting it here?

I had some ideas myself about a few quests dealing with vampires. It would have to with finding a person (an NPC) to help and guild you to a vampire castle. Later while working with her they find out that she is a werewolf and will only help if they help her first. There is a rival werewolf pack that have already brought back one of their old pack leaders from the grave. Though this undead werewolf is fresh from the grave and not to full strength yet, he is having his pack raise his mate. So they can once again reign and once again wreck havoc on the world. After defeating this foe he will help go after the vampires the hero's need to destroy.

thanks adam
darklestat79@yahoo.com

IP Logged

darklestat79
I AM NOT HERBERT!

michagain, Michigan, USA
Reply #17 - 03/09/15 at 6:13am

I have found a few place on line where they talk about adding vampires to HQ. I like this idea and why not the elf quest pack kind a added werewolves. I have a few questions though and I'm hope Arcade floret bobongo muwanga, Glaurung  does't mind trying to answer them.

First is for Arcade floret bobongo muwanga. You had said when you posted the vampire monster card that you were going to introduce a rule for "Vampiric Regeneration". Did you ever get than done and could you post it just email me a copy of the rules you made. Also what Necromancer spells does your Vampire lord use and how many spells does he get to choose from.

My second set of questions is for Glaurung. You had said on this post that you have actually written a whole quest pack around vampires using a variety of miniatures and a bastardised version of the Warhammer canon. However, at the time you said that you didn't think you would post anything about it until it's been play tested. I get that was back in 07 but you said at that time that you should have news about a month or so after you post talking about it. Have you posted this pack anywhere? If not would you mind sending me a copy of it. or posting it here?

I had some ideas myself about a few quests dealing with vampires. It would have to with finding a person (an NPC) to help and guild you to a vampire castle. Later while working with her they find out that she is a werewolf and will only help if they help her first. There is a rival werewolf pack that have already brought back one of their old pack leaders from the grave. Though this undead werewolf is fresh from the grave and not to full strength yet, he is having his pack raise his mate. So they can once again reign and once again wreck havoc on the world. After defeating this foe he will help go after the vampires the hero's need to destroy.

thanks adam
darklestat79 @yahoo.com  (no spaces in email address

IP Logged

darklestat79
I AM NOT HERBERT!

michagain, Michigan, USA
Reply #18 - 03/09/15 at 6:18am

thanks adam

IP Logged

darklestat79
I AM NOT HERBERT!

michagain, Michigan, USA
Reply #19 - 03/09/15 at 6:18am

thanks adam

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print