Send Topic Print
Zombies!!! (Read 6020 times)
Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Zombies!!!
03/06/05 at 2:36pm

Okay so recently I bought the Zombies game with all 4 expansions- Zombies 2:  Zombe Corps(e), Zombies 3:  Mallwalkers, Zombies 3.5:  Not dead yet, and Zombies 4:  The End.

I'd played the game twice before, but we played with a friend's set, who only had the original game.  So I bought the game with all the expansions.  We just played a game last night, and I decided we'd play with all the expansions.  The card deck was enormous, like 5 or 6 inches tall.

For those who haven't seen or played the game, it's pretty cool, and very simple.  Board tiles are laid out every turn, representing streets, shops, etc.  Each player gets a hand of 3 cards, and use one card per turn, and can discard one per turn.

Since the map was gonna end up huge, we fudged around the rules a bit.  We upped the kill count to 30, and a card hand was 5 cards, and you could play two and discard two per turn.  We shot through those decks pretty quickly, but none of them were depleted by the end of the game.  It was fun being able to go through so many cards.  We also started everyone off with 5 bullets and 5 heart tokens, with a max of 7 heart tokens.

Everything was pretty friendly throughout the game until the helicopter pad came out, and that's when everyone started screwing each other.  Nobody made it to the pad, because I ended up killing 30 zombies.  I actually had some VERY good rolls in this game.  I was killing shit left and right.

This is a great game whether you play it alone or with some or all of the expansions.  It's quick, easy to set up, easy to learn, and fun to play.  I recommend this for a party game.  Game length can be easily adjusted by removing tiles from the board pile, so if you have short-attention-span people, you can make the game take like half an hour, or with expansions, it could probably take up to 5 or 6 hours, depending on where you put the goals in the deck.

Very cool game.  Go get it.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Re: Zombies!!!
Reply #1 - 03/06/05 at 9:55pm

I've been eyeing this game for a long time..

Go to SJGames website and check out the Frag-Zombie bastard variant.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #2 - 03/12/05 at 12:40pm

Yeah I'd seen that a while ago.  Not sure it would work very well.  I know I'm not dying to try it.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03/18/05 at 9:35am

TRY IT BITCH... hehe..I may when my order comes in...

IP Logged

Tianna Starfall
ROCKET CAR!

Token Sandwich Maker

United Kingdom, europe, 176, 230, United Kingdom
Reply #4 - 05/31/05 at 10:11am

This one (zombies) is on my list too.  Looks like a nice beer and pretzels type game  Smiley

I really enjoy "when darkness comes" the basic gameplay is good but the rules are not very well written, they do have good FAQs on the company website that help a lot and I think the later expansions probably address some vague areas.  Have only tried the roleplay version once and it was difficult to make it work two-player (like most RPGs), but it has a lot of scope if you can get a good group of people together.

Winner of the Double Quote Award!
CFS sucks! But EVERYONES miniatures are finally getting painted Smiley
http://www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
WWW Tianna Starfall tiannastarfall  
IP Logged

fallensaviour
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!
DRILL BLING

winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reply #5 - 02/15/09 at 12:21am

We play this one(Zombies!!!) often around here as well.
Just need to pick up expansion pack send in the clowns and the new game "Humans!!!"
Also have Zombie Town.I took all the zombies and mixed them together from all the games.
Makes the game a little funner cause you never know what kind of zombie is getting placed on the board.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #6 - 02/15/09 at 12:25am

What's Zombie Town like?

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #7 - 02/15/09 at 5:01pm

It's not bad,Made by the same dudes.
You have a board with 3 houses on each side and a cemetery in the middle of the board filled with all the zombies(100).Object of the game is to survive 12 days(represented by a d 12) one turn equals one day.
You get various cards and a chance to hole up in various houses and board them up.
Not a bad play we did tweak it a bit here.We like to use it as a suburb to accompany Zombies!!! and use the Zombies!!! cards and rules.
I think there is a sequel/expansion for it out as well now.
Zombie town 2 ?
Again I take all zombies and mix them in a big old bag and put 100 random zombies in the cemetery.Dogs,glowing,dudes,babes,skeletons,different dudes.I have a pretty good mix of zombies now.

IP Logged

TallyHo
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Norway, europe, 243, 158, Norway
Reply #8 - 05/14/09 at 4:20am

Any suggestion what to do with the tiles ? Theyre flying all over the place.

O`h...the bells...the bells...

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #9 - 05/14/09 at 10:51am

Yeah that can happen.  I'd suggest playing on a soft surface, like a card table or something.  Playing on wood or glass can be a pain.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Lonestar
INVERTED VERTEBRAE!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - 05/15/09 at 1:02am

I didn't really like Zombies!!! that much, thought it was too basic and too long. I didn't really like Last Night on Earth either that much, they both got boring after a while. Dead of Night is a riot if you get the right people playing, but all it takes is one kill joy to ruin the fun.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #11 - 05/15/09 at 9:42am

Haven't played either of those, just Zombies!!!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #12 - 05/16/09 at 2:29pm

Last night on earth is awesome!!!
Zombies!!! is awesome!!!
Of Course it can get long but that's why I tweak it here.
I agree playing on a hard surface such as a regular table is a pain in the Ass!!!
I use an underlay over my table it helps the tiles stay put.
I also made some bigger tiles by scanning them into the computer and printing them off.(three-four tiles grouped together).
It makes it alot better that way.
I try to keep most games about an hour to an hour and a half.

The three main games played in my house are Zombies!!!,Last night on earth and heroquest.
I like last night due to the 28mm figs so reminiscent of HQ.Plus the scenarios are just like quests.It really does go hand in hand.
I know I mentioned it elsewhere but I am trying to get a whole 3-d town put together for LNOE.I have the vehicles and some buildings already.The vehicles tractor and pick-up truck are easy to find they are 1:43 scale.The buildings you can use 0 scale train sets(plastic-ville).

IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 05/16/09 at 6:15pm

Zombie Plague is really good.  I totally looking into and the updated fan rules.

way better than any other zombie board game I have tried.

IP Logged

fallensaviour
DRILL BLING

Reply #14 - 05/17/09 at 2:50am

What is this zombie plague you speak of???
I've never seen it at my games store is this something I need to order maybe?

IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #15 - 05/17/09 at 6:41am

it's free... actually...

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/7514

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print