Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/22/19 at 2:45am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Undead vs heroes Vassal report (Read 3484 times)
LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Undead vs heroes Vassal report
12/10/04 at 8:45pm

G'day all,

Slightly long post.  Wink

We started the Vassal game with high hopes which soon diminished as we found that Malechi once agian was cursed with the Mac that would not behave. After spending half an hour trying to solve his problems, he left in what can only be decribed as disgust.

It seems Mal is never to partake in the glory of Vassal.  Smiley

After this initial hiccup, gaming went smoothly. mort took on the dwarf, Zakath took the elf and wizard, and Roman took the Barb. I took Morcar's role.

Things started well for the heroes as they descended into the maze that belonged to Melar. A large amount of orc grease on the floors resulted in the dwarf moving at an excrusciating slow pace. The heroes seemed unable to decide on which way was the best to go, coming and going and just basically hanging out at the entrance to the dungeon.

The other heroes were wary of traps and so waited til the dwarf could use his special skills. The dwarf being wary himself told the elf to go in first. Eventually the heroes moved through the lower right of the board and animated the gargoyle statue which was then quickly demolished by the judicial use of the genie spell.

The other skeletons were dealt with quickly. The dwarf sensing that there was a trap on the other side of the door had Pass through rock cast on him so that he could skirt the entrance (very clever) but he still fell foul of the trapped treasure chest.

The Barb meanwhile had decided to take the northerly route around the board and came upon a might mummy who just refused to die. This dance went on for a number of turns before the mummy finally succumbed but not before bringing the barb down to half his BP.

Finally, the group manage to converge on the centre room, although the elf and wizard decide that cowardnes is the better part of valour and hang outside the door while the barb and dwarf take on the rest of the undead.

The dwarf is surrounded by undead as he enters the centre room and gets Rock skin cast on him by the wizard. This avails him naught as he loses it immediately to a clever skeleton who hacks off his right ear.

The dwarf manages to dispatch a zombie skeleton which allows the barb to enter the room with courage being cast on him. But no matter how many attacks he makes, solitary skull rolls fopllow him and he fails to wound the undead. The undead on the other hand have had intense training in self defence and manage to roll black shields almost every roll.  Grin

Finally it was down to the four heroes vs two undead and yet they still couldn't finish them off. The elf was almost brought to his death but managed to save on a white shield. Now down to 1 BP. The wizard decides that throwing a dagger might do some harm to the skelton but of course he was mistaken.

The skeleton was dispatched and it came down to the mummy who had to just roll one black shield to survive this turn and kill the elf on his next turn. Alas he rolled all skulls and his life was over.

The heroes then found the Talisman of Lore and made good there escape with barely any resistance left.

This was a great game with interesting battle croes (Go for the Groin! being a favourite). it was a pity that Mal couldn't join in but we had a blast nonetheless. I look forward to having another game soon and hopefully with new players as well.

LB

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

thegreatslayer720
I AM NOT HERBERT!

*Boing* *Boing*

Re: Undead vs heroes Vassal report
Reply #1 - 12/11/04 at 1:30pm

Ah I missed it  Sad

Quote: Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. I don't want ass prints on my door.&&I'm member number 69 and proud of it.
WWW thegreatgod819 thegreatslayer72  
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #2 - 12/11/04 at 2:47pm

LurchBrick wrote on 12/10/04 at 8:45pm:
... we found that Malechi once agian was cursed with the Mac that would not behave. After spending half an hour trying to solve his problems, he left in what can only be decribed as disgust.

It seems Mal is never to partake in the glory of Vassal. ...

Underfuckingstatement of the fucking century!

Angry

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #3 - 12/11/04 at 6:31pm

Dude run it in Virtual PC.  Real slow-like.  Wink

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Tianna Starfall
ROCKET CAR!

Token Sandwich Maker

United Kingdom, europe, 176, 230, United Kingdom
Reply #4 - 12/12/04 at 7:11am

Sounds like you guys had fun  Smiley
Now I just have to find the thread that explained how to set it all up and I hope to be with you next time...

Winner of the Double Quote Award!
CFS sucks! But EVERYONES miniatures are finally getting painted Smiley
http://www.tiannastarfall.co.uk
WWW Tianna Starfall tiannastarfall  
IP Logged

Mortimer
ROCKET CAR!

The one, the only, Stephen
Baker

New Zealand, New Zealand
Reply #5 - 12/15/04 at 12:24am

http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=homerules;action=dis...

Go to the last page and find the link to the latest module (it's one of Malechi's posts) then go to the first page and go to the vassal homepage, clink the link to 'lunch vassal' hopefully that will help. There only seems to be major problems on Mac and Linux.

http://www.freewebs.com/mortimerkhan/index.htm go here for all your monsterous needs ... well most of your monsterous needs!
IP Logged

Roman
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Damn the Man, Save the
Empire!

Twin Cities, USA, usa, 308, 84, MN, Minnesota, Minnesota, USA
Reply #6 - 12/15/04 at 8:36am

You forgot to say that Barb and the first Mummy are expecting a baby...its gonna look like a roll of TP, but Barb will hold him and love him...and lets hope the Barb will put some pants on.

IP Logged

Roman
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Damn the Man, Save the
Empire!

Twin Cities, USA, usa, 308, 84, MN, Minnesota, Minnesota, USA
Reply #7 - 01/19/05 at 7:27am

Hey when is the next game going to be, its been awhile, and I'm looking to play again, and maybe I'll have the time to next time

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #8 - 01/19/05 at 1:53pm

How does next Friday / Saturday sound? Thats the 28 and 29th of January.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print