Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Plague Of Labda´o (Read 1859 times)
headtrip
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

The Plague Of Labda´o
04/14/04 at 4:15am

At last, we played our intro session of Warhammer Quest-based game.

The Heroes consist of:

- Tourneli: Fearsome Barbarian, Also likes the nickname He-Man Wink

- Louis Lowfighter: Motherfucking dwarven warrior, who's gonna kick your ass !

- Brukina Faso: Fagot little elf, who just cut of his dick, and now is a bitching she-male Wink

The Malt Inn is the place where everything starts. They get to know each other, and hear from the farmers in the inn, that some "monsters" are stealing shit from them at night.
Although some people tried before to defeat those bastards, nobody returned.
The 3 unknown warriors are defenitly gonna try to kick some asses.

As they leave town the next morning (guided by one of the farmers), they reach a place with some hills /trees and stuff. Then the guide returns ( cause he 's a chickin shit aff course).

1) Outside the village

When they go further into the bushes, they notice a kinde watchtower with 2 orc archers on it.
The orc acrhers are attacking as soon as possible, dealing a lot of damage to the warriors.  As Brukina Faso  is the only one with a missile weapon (bow), he's (or shall I see , she's ) the only one who can kill the enemies from were they're standing.

Louis showed he has some brains after all, and uses his rope together with his axe. Now he has a kind of sling with a large axe attached to it. OFten he tries throwing with that strange solution, but 9/10 he just misses.

When they really are getting serious hits, they change of plan. They will stay together and attack the orc's from the back. What they didn't noticed is that Orc's with swords waiting for them on the backside of the watchtower.

But finilay after some serious hack n slaching, they seem to find a key in one of the orc's cloathes. Tournelli uses the key on the gate leading to the dungeon, a few meters behind the tower.

2) Dungeon entry

Walking down the stairway,  they enter the dungeon were the Orc's hang out. Louis thinks he can beat the 4 moves he can do /turn. So he uses his rope, attaches it to a candle on the wall, and tries to fly. Off course the candle breaks, and Louis falls down on his fat ass, losing 1 wound.

They free some prisoners out there cells, and noticed that in one cell , there's a hole in the floor. They can't get in, cause it's locked with iron bars.
They let a candle go down the hole, to see what's in there, but they only hear a strange noise. When inspecting the hole again, they see, it's a sort of tunnel.

When the heroers go further into the dungeon, they meet 4 orcs in a single room. Bashing time !!! At the rear end of the room, there's a swith on the wall (which opens the iron bars covering the hole) They also find 2 fire bombs on the table in the room.

Returning to the hole in the floor in the cell, they meet up with lotsa spiders coming out of the hole. The heroes are totally out numbered, but those Giant Spiders are no match against the strong heroes. After beaten them all to pulp, the heroes descent in the hole....

3) Dungeon Lvl2

Descending down the tunnel (it seems forever in the darky chilling tunnel). AFter a corning suddenly Brukina Faso wakes some giant bats sleeping at the ceiling. They start attacking and flying around the heroes. But also those creatures or nothing in comparison too the blades of the mighty warriors.

A few steps further down the tunnel, and they seem to be stuck, at the end op the tunnel, there's a wall of wood,  with on the left , right, top and bottom, some light coming out.
They Start bashing the wooden surface immediatly, When it breaks, it seems like they have been bashing up a closet, which breaks now, and falls down in a room full of Orc fighters.

When defeated those hairy beasts, they continue their search into a nearby corridor. At the end of the corridor they open the door to a larger chamber, where an Orc Shaman with a few Orc guardians guard the treasure they have captured from the village.

Once defeated the heroes get
- 1000GP
- Amulet of Power
- Urn of Life

The return to the village will be the beginning of the next session, cause we were all to tired and to stoned/drunk to keep going Wink

In the beginning the players had some difficulties playing there roles right. So I was a bit afraid... But once busy, they kept playing like real warriors, and had some nice original ideas to solve some stuff. First I was afraid of that kinda stuff ( not prepared ), but it that what makes the fun !!!
I love some Ideas the players wanted to try out. When it's just absurd, I'm making the test to succeed just almost impossible. But sometimes it just works !

Anyway,.... we had a great time... our first session took about 4u30m long. Hope u meet those brave warriors soon Wink

IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Re: The Plague Of Labda´o
Reply #1 - 08/02/04 at 2:09am

You like silly absurd games where the players all add their own ridiculous ideas and everyone has a hilarious time?  Try playing TOON the cartoon role playing game.

MAKE SURE that you treat it like a cartoon and not a dungeon crawler D&D type game.  When Scratch and I first played Toon we played 'adventures' and it wasn't all that fun.  Interesting, but not enough to hold our attention long.

Couple of years later, during an all-night game night we played with our friend Sirhc the Jerk, we discovered the zany fun that is Toon.  I believed we played it real late into the morning, which also helped the silliness.  You have to remember to play it as scenarios like in a cartoon...  That is the key.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #2 - 08/02/04 at 11:39am

Yeah it's actually a real fun game if played right.  It would be a great drunk game.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Reply #3 - 08/11/04 at 12:06am

Great for the players, but not for the playees....

???

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print