Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/15/19 at 7:58pm
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ran first game with the fiance! (Read 2931 times)
Matt
I AM NOT HERBERT!

I am the C.L.I.T. Commander!

Ran first game with the fiance!
01/25/04 at 9:45pm

I have to preface this, at my fiance's request, by saying that she's embarassed that I'm posting the fact that she played a "nerdy role playing game" on a public message board. LOL

Off first to Fellmarg's Tomb. Is it just me, or does it seem that everyone that playes HQ for the first time always ends up here first?

She was able to dispatch of the mummy guardian fairly easily due to some lucky die rolls on her part, and some unlucky ones on mine.

The room just north of the starting room ended up giving her party some trouble. The Heros were still a little sore from battle with the undead when they made it to this room, and after the Dwarf got cornholed by the orc in the room, he (un)luckily drew a wandering monster card on his treasure search. This brought him down to 1 BP.

From this room, it was off to meet up with Verag. After opening the door, the Heros hung back in the hall to try and keep from getting surrounded. The Elf made love to the Gargoyle's sword, and was out. The wizard put the Chaos Warrior to sleep, and after the orcs were dispatched by the Barbarian, Verag was delt with swiftly by the use of the Genie spell. Finally the Chaos Warrior woke up, and the Barbarian introduced him to his blood stained blade.

So, the quest was copleted with only one casualty. I can't wait to play again!! Woot woot!

IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Re: Ran first game with the fiance!
Reply #1 - 03/02/04 at 8:46pm

I like the descriptions of the characters getting killed there.  "The Elf made love to the Gargoyle's sword..."  Nice.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Black_Pete
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #2 - 05/21/06 at 12:34pm

Waddayaknow... I just plays my first game with my girlfriend the other day. But she isn't embaressed at all. She was like: "I can finally say I played a roleplaying game". And I: "well, actualy no, this isnt a roleplaying game per se. It's a boardgame". "But I want to call it something more nerdy".
"Ok, a miniature game then".

We didn't start wit the trial. I hate this quest. It's just mad to use as much of the game as possible to test it out. Doen't seem lgocal to me. So we went for saving Sir Ragnar. She took a small party of two. A dwarf and a wizard. And kicked ass rather easily...

IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/22/06 at 11:14am

Yeah, that quest was made for the US version as a replacement for the original 1st level because they felt like the original 1st quest had too much competition for a team based game.

It certianly does reveal to much and I always sugest starting with the Ragnar quest.

IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #4 - 05/22/06 at 5:02pm

In both situations, it matters not the Quest, but did your respective ladies enjoy themselves enough to play again?

IP Logged

Black_Pete
I AM NOT HERBERT!

Reply #5 - 05/24/06 at 1:45am

Yes, mine totally did. And when we played Lair of the Orc Warlord she got whiped out. She now has revenge running in her veins...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print