Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Old Scratch's HeroQuest Forum
01/22/19 at 2:32am
Home Help Search Member Map Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Blood Bowl/Battle Ball (Read 18005 times)
Muskrat
TWENTY FOUR CREDIT CARDS!

You've been raped by a
rat!

North of Columbus, USA, usa, 415, 128, OH, Ohio, USA
Blood Bowl/Battle Ball
10/16/03 at 3:59pm

Hello all,
I know I am new but I am not new to the HeroQuest world. I love the game ever since the introduction of it. My buddies and I had many a fun night playing the game till the wee hours of the morning. Along with D&D and other fun games of the like. But here I am now and I am playing with my wife and kids and they love it just as much.
Anywho, on to the subject of my post;
Go to your local Toys r us or mejers and pick up battle ball. its a new game by Hasbro that seems to be based on BloodBowl. Its quite fun to play especially with my 9 year old. She loves it.
Anybody else have a chance to play it? 8)

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."&&-- Sun Tzu
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Re: Blood Bowl/Battle Ball
Reply #1 - 10/16/03 at 7:55pm

Nah I've been looking to get it though.  Looks pretty cool.  Welcome to the boards!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #2 - 10/17/03 at 9:41pm

Muskrat,

Haven't seen this one yet. Is it an expansion to Blood Bowl (I.E. Does it require Blood Bowl to play?)? Or, is it a stand alone game?

Malechi

IP Logged

Muskrat

You've been raped by a
rat!

Reply #3 - 10/18/03 at 6:20am

I believe that it is based on BloodBowl but it is not affiliated and is very streamlined. Go to the site it will explain that game better: http://www.hasbro.com/battleball/

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."&&-- Sun Tzu
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #4 - 10/18/03 at 10:29pm

It's got absolutley nothing to do with Blood Bowl.  Nothing related to it.  It's just Hasbro capitalizing on Games Workshops' success.  GOOD FOR THEM BECAUSE MALECHI IS A FAGGER!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Reply #5 - 10/20/03 at 10:22am

Fagger, fag'gér (noun): A hetrosexual who interacts on a social level only with fags. [Ety. uncertain. Perhaps from the root word farva meaning a small unused homosexual penis]

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #6 - 10/20/03 at 8:18pm

You forgot the second definition.  Fagger:  A small man who goes by the name Malechi;  Typically a eunuch.  HA!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Reply #7 - 10/20/03 at 9:08pm

Nope, definitely from the root (as in "ORF got rooted by his best bud.") word Farva...

Malechi

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #8 - 10/20/03 at 9:20pm

Wait, so you're my 'best bud' that I met in that dark alley and got rooted by?  Cool.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #9 - 10/20/03 at 9:28pm

Too much information. Besides you're only gay if you're a giver, not a taker.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Reply #10 - 10/20/03 at 9:50pm

Lurch, I hate to be the one to tell you but when your friends grease your bunghole and bend you over your computer table, you're gay... No matter what they may have told you! "No you aren't gay if you just take funk in the trunk."

Malechi

IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #11 - 10/21/03 at 12:34am

You must of mistaken me for one of Ogre's "friends". I'm too much of a computer geek to have friends. My only friend is Princess Armidela.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #12 - 10/23/03 at 6:01pm

Who the fuck is Armidela?  You might be talking about Amidala but I dunno.  Anyways I'd think that giving it is less gay than taking it, cause a straight man gives it and don't take nothin in the butt.  But I'm no gay man sex expert like Malechi.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Muskrat

You've been raped by a
rat!

Reply #13 - 10/24/03 at 5:51am

Yeah uhm, Im a corrections officer and the inmates always have this debate. I say if its goes in the poop shoot and it has foreskin your gay whether your pitching and catching. I actually had an inmate tell me he isnt gay after I caught him tassing a dudes salad.
Pitching and catching is gay no matter what team your rootin for!

IP Logged

Muskrat

You've been raped by a
rat!

Reply #14 - 10/24/03 at 5:53am

tassing should be tossing

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #15 - 10/24/03 at 11:12am

Oh, I just thought you were from Rhode Island.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Reply #16 - 10/25/03 at 7:15pm

That would be bizarre if someone from Rhode Island were a member of this board... Doesn't the state have a maximum capacity of 8?

Malechi

IP Logged

Muskrat

You've been raped by a
rat!

Reply #17 - 10/25/03 at 8:09pm

No thats just their IQ level.

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #18 - 11/10/03 at 10:21pm

Alrighty then, this thread degenerated into one of the most stupidest things I've ever known.  However, I picked up Battle Ball a couple of days ago, and finally played it with the little lady.

It's actually a pretty cool game.  Really simple, and a lot quicker to play that Blood Bowl.

It's basically "First team to score two points wins".  Each player has a colored base, which says which dice they roll for any action.  The yellow base guys have a yellow D6, the black have a black D8, the blue have a blue D10, the green have a green D12, and the red have a red D20 (they give you enough dice so that each team has its own and doesn't have to share with the likes of Malechi.

So the two things you normally do with your dice is move and tackle.  The bigger the die, the farther you can move, but the worse you are at tackling.  In a tackle, both players roll a die according to what the character rolls.  So a Tackle, with a yellow 6, goes up against a Running Back, with a green 12, and the Tackle has a better chance of winning the tackle.  There's no teaming up on other players, just straight up one-on-one.

It's really a simple game, each turn you move one dude, tackle if you can, then the turn goes to your opponent.  Keeps the game moving as there's usually not much to think about.  It probably only took us half an hour to play a whole game, and it was pretty entertaining as well.

I think, however, that the Heavy Tackles are a bit overpowered.  In the second half, I won by taking out all of the other team, and I only had 3 guys out.  My Heavy Tackle just went out there and kicked all ass.  The red guys (D20) are pretty much only there if you're really lucky in a tackle, or to create debris which blocks your opponents.

All in all it's a great game to just pick up and play.  And as a bonus, it comes with some really cool figures.  Some are just weird, but for the most part, they're pretty impressive.  I got the game for only 17 bucks.  I recommend it.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Muskrat

You've been raped by a
rat!

Reply #19 - 11/11/03 at 2:16am

Im glad to see u got it for under 20, i bought it when it first came out and got slammed for almost 30 bucks. But I think it was worth it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print