Send Topic Print
Dodge Ball. (Read 10385 times)
Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Dodge Ball.
09/14/03 at 11:44am

Okay, so I'm working on a rules variant for Blood Bowl... The game of Dodge Ball!  I'm in the planning stages right now, but I think it'll work out.  Basically it's loosely based on the old NES game (Or newer Gameboy Advance game) Super Dodge Ball.  You get three main players in the playing field (8x8 squares (inches)), and three outfielders, one to play the rear field, one to play the left field, and one to play the right field.  The side fields are 9x1 squares, and the rear field is 10x1.  The object is to eliminate the other team's main players, the ones in the playing field;  The outfielders can not be targets.

Basically it'll be a quick and fun version of Blood Bowl, obviously based around throwing the ball, not carrying it.

In the final release of the game, I'll be including playing fields that can be printed out, so really you won't need to buy the Blood Bowl game in order to play, but you should buy it anyway!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Re: Dodge Ball.
Reply #1 - 09/15/03 at 12:21am

Wow...I've never been more tempted to buy blood bowl...I wonder if I can find 10mm foot ball players..

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #2 - 09/15/03 at 12:38am

Well if you bought Blood Bowl, you wouldn't need to buy anything else.  It comes with two teams in the box, and you can get the newest rules for free online.  And if you were to convert it to 10mm, you'd have to make a new field (pitch), new range rulers... It would suck!  Just get the game... you can jump right in.  Smiley

The rules for Dodge Ball are done... Just need to clean them up a bit and add some pictures.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/15/03 at 2:40am

GRRR!!! seeing all the new plastic stuff GW is coming out with in 28mm makes me want to stay 28mm...*cries*...I'm so confused...

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #4 - 09/15/03 at 3:03am

Well, Blood Bowl is actually a Fanatic game.  You don't need to be rich to play.  All you need is about 30 bucks if New Wave will still sell the game.  That's why I say screw the other Games Workshop shit.  Way too expensive.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/15/03 at 7:22am

You faggot fanatic is owned by GW... hehehehe...

Actualy 30 bucks for a boxed game with like 20 miniatures in it is nothing to hoot about... I think the LOTR stuff is a better value. and better sculpted i'm sure considering they are the best sculpts to come from any company in a long time... but fuck it...i'm going 10mm...so this stuff no longer applies to me..or does it...or does it not...or...*cries*

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #6 - 09/15/03 at 9:35am

This, coming from the guy who defended Talisman for being 70 bucks and coming with 10 figures?  Okay.

And, duh, I know Fanatic is a subsidiary of Games Workshop.

And yeah, the Lord of the Rings game is their best value, and their cheapest game, probably, but, you are aware of how drug dealers make customers, right?  They give you some drugs for cheap or free, and when you're hooked, they jack up the prices.  The main game of Lord of the Rings is a great deal, but then you spend another 200 bucks adding a whopping 30 guys to your team.  Fuck that.  I'll stick to playing Blood Bowl with plastic and third party miniatures.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Wolf
FIST!

This is a probable fact.

The Land of YaBB, California, USA
Reply #7 - 09/15/03 at 1:00pm

Yeah, and remember, the starter set for LOTR is about the same price as the Fellowship.  All the cool shit for that game is gonna be metal and expensive.  If you were planning on making an army of Balrogs and Cave Trolls, forget it.

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Ogre
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 09/15/03 at 11:44pm

I got the fellowship for 15 bucks on clearance...Smiley

Besides..I'd rather play orcs vs humans then aragorn vs ring wraiths...I don't like doing the scenarios in the books...besides.. the characters are too powerful anyways..

Good miniature value for the plastics is all i'm saying... if I were not going 10mm i'd defiantly be picking up the ROTK box sets. lots of cool orcs and scenery and human warriors in it..

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #9 - 09/16/03 at 2:08am

I actually want to get the basic set of Fellowship of the Ring.  Seems like a fun game to play, and not too expensive.  Same price as a fucking Blood Bowl team.  Might as well get that and convert the models.  Smiley

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reply #10 - 10/15/03 at 7:57pm

Hows the progress on Dodge ball going Orf? If its up to your usual standard (i.e. HeroQuest Battles), then I'll be eagerly anticipating its arrival.

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #11 - 10/16/03 at 7:58pm

You jerk.  The rules are done, I just haven't had playtest time.  I wanted to add pictures and flava to it though.  But the actual rules are there.  Do you even have Blood Bowl?  PSH!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #12 - 10/16/03 at 8:15pm

Well no, but thats because I'm a tight arse. Plus my plate is full with other things at the moment. But thanks for being understanding and all.  Tongue

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #13 - 10/16/03 at 8:41pm

Yeah SCREW YOU!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #14 - 10/16/03 at 8:43pm

I just had a funny thought.  When I read stuff on the boards, like, you guys don't have your Ostreylien accents.  So like since you're all the way down in the world's butthole, when you read stuff that I type, does it read like I said "toip" instead of "type"?  Haha.

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

LurchBrick
FIST!

What the hell am I?!

Reply #15 - 10/16/03 at 9:17pm

I just imagine you sound like you have this thick southern texan drawl. Or you sound like Canadians. Heh Heh Heh

Do you Vassal HQ?

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #16 - 10/18/03 at 10:31pm

FUCK YOU I'M NOT CANADIAN!  I'M ALL AMERICAN!!!  MALECHI IS CANADIAN!

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #17 - 10/19/03 at 3:45pm

Never been there. I did have a MooseHead Beer once though...

Besides Farva, how can you be all American? I seem to remember you were born in some back water third world nation. You know the ones in the commercials with the kids who have flies crawling up thier runny noses...

Malechi

IP Logged

Biff
FIST!

SHIT!

Gardena, California, USA
Reply #18 - 10/20/03 at 8:23pm

Haha not really.  I was born in Peru, but I came here when I was five.  But, I'm no part Peruvian, I'm all European.  So you shut up.  Smiley

SHIT AGAIN!
IP Logged

Malechi
I AM SUPERSHIT!

whoteva bitch

Clearlake, CA, usa, 18, 142,, California, USA
Reply #19 - 10/20/03 at 9:04pm

You're O Peein', huh? Probably really from France...

Malechi

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print